• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida Gators ranked #6 Coach's/ #7 AP 2018-2019 final poll

Where will the Gators be ranked at the end of the 2018-2019 season?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 66.7%

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • other

• Total voters

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The final CFP rankings will not come out until mid-January. The Gators will probably not climb above #7 in the CFP, but they certainly could climb as high as #5 in other polls.

The Massey Poll currently has Florida at #5, and Sagarin has Florida at #12. Even if Georgia loses, there is no way for Florida to supplant them at #3. One could argue for Florida at #4 by virtue of SOS and OFF/DEF adjusted rankings! Florida is 2-1 against the top-10, but is only 3-3 against the top-30.
Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 12.56.44 PM.png

There is a possibility of Florida being ranked above Notre Dame at #4 in some polls, but in the CFP they will likely come in around #7.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The final CFP rankings will not come out until mid-January. The Gators will probably not climb above #7 in the CFP, but they certainly could climb as high as #5 in other polls.

The Massey Poll currently has Florida at #5, and Sagarin has Florida at #12. Even if Georgia loses, there is no way for Florida to supplant them at #3. One could argue for Florida at #4 by virtue of SOS and OFF/DEF adjusted rankings! Florida is 2-1 against the top-10, but is only 3-3 against the top-30.
View attachment 419

There is a possibility of Florida being ranked above Notre Dame at #4 in some polls, but in the CFP they will likely come in around #7.
Fair and detailed breakdown here.
Good call putting our OWN "poll" up, though, E--: Sort of a "Poll on the eventual POLLS" (lol)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm thinking 7th unless Washington beats those douchebags from Ohio in the Rose Bowl.
You could be right on that one, when I look at it a bit closer, Lf: REALLY WANT Huskies to beat those "Douchebags"--and maybe that has influenced my ideas about a more hopeful final outcome.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Btw--Doesn't really belong here, but it's on my mind because it's ON NOW and I'm WATCHING it: OSU is beginning to look like they are beginning to pull away from Mizzou in the 2nd half here in The Liberty Bowl...and for the LIFE of me, EXCEPT for the "Georgia hangover"/"we let 'em beat us TWICE!" theory, I cannot grasp how we let these "lesser-Tigers" beat us! Oh well: They DO have Drew Locke (wish WE had him, or SOMEONE of that caliber under center!), could still pull this one out and caught US at the perfect time to beat us...Thing is, as things are turning out, I doubt it would have affected our ultimate "big picture" placement in these "final polls and rankings" we are messing with here, had we beat them properly as we SHOULD HAVE as the more talented/better coached team (even WITH our inconsistent QB).
I mean, if Georgia didn't make the CFP, we sure as hell weren't gonna get in--which clearly was the only road upwards beyond where we'll end up now, regardless.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No matter what, we are truly "on the come":
Lets close out recruiting strongly, get them and the various transfers in and on our rebounding strength and conditioning program, and on through the spring and (among other important goals) hopeful solidification at QB.
Then it is on through 2019, and our reaquaintance with battle for Championships at the elite level of major college football.
Let the rest vie for public ranking and recognition, "experts' approval" and/or preseason polls...It is for US ONLY to learn, grow, IMPROVE...ultimately to WIN. Period.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema