• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida Gameday: HERE WE GO

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Aw, man--this is BULLSHIT!!! Either it was clear enough to start, or it wasn't.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This sucks, got me excited for 10 seconds!
Yeah, man--and now the announcers are reading the rules, and, get this: "Once the game styarts, if suspended again, it CANNOT BE RESUMED AFTER 12-Midnight Local Time...So whyTF did they bother starting it--FOR ONE PLAY? And does that play count, no matter what? This is the worst: How to kill the whole excitement of finally getting our season underway. "BUZZKILL" OF ALL TIME.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now it turns out there's no "mandatory 30 minutes" after all: "It's completely at the discretion of the officials now". And you KNOW all THEY care about is covering their politically-correct butts.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Come ON, you jelly-spined horses'@$$es: Get this thing back underway.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Y'all think this crowd, having just gotten cranked a SECOND time, has a THIRD one in 'em?
What about our team? I figure this is about the ONLY way the Vandals had a chance to be in this game for more than a series or two: And who figures on an unprecedented "crankus interuptus" like this one???

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(@awebbf5, Hey aweb, while we got a moment, meant to correct myself re the QB backup: Itr's of course Treon Harris that "beat out" Grier for the back-up role, but for the same reasons/rationale I mentioned earlier, far as I know...They're actually thinking/hoping maybe they can redshirt Grier, slide Mornigweg in as "2nd backup", give Grier a chance to learn and grow--as I say, physically as much as anything else: He came in a beanpole, comparatively, and though he's been "filling out" nicely, they figure will benefit from a year in their S & C program, while really getting a chance to absorb Roper's system, be ready to TAKE the job next year)

awebbf5

VIP Member
(@awebbf5, Hey aweb, while we got a moment, meant to correct myself re the QB backup: Itr's of course Treon Harris that "beat out" Grier for the back-up role, but for the same reasons/rationale I mentioned earlier, far as I know...They're actually thinking/hoping maybe they can redshirt Grier, slide Mornigweg in as "2nd backup", give Grier a chance to learn and grow--as I say, physically as much as anything else: He came in a beanpole, comparatively, and though he's been "filling out" nicely, they figure will benefit from a year in their S & C program, while really getting a chance to absorb Roper's system, be ready to TAKE the job next year)
I like the redshirt idea. But if Driskel has a good year he will probably be our QB next year, which wouldn't put Grier playing until he is a RS Sophmore. Do you think he would stay or look to transfer?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Are they even going to play?
That's the big Q now...It's a f'ing bad joke, how this has gone--especially the "bad sex" start/stop here, sending them all off the field after the kick-off, 'cause there was a single strike within 8 miles of the stadium? If that was the rule, then you don't just start it up while its still pouring; and now that you have and had to stop it again, you get it going ASAP, if it'sa within your power--as it apparently it IS, according to the same rules they're applying here in the first place:
ie. "...the discretion of the officials".

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I like the redshirt idea. But if Driskel has a good year he will probably be our QB next year, which wouldn't put Grier playing until he is a RS Sophmore. Do you think he would stay or look to transfer?
Well, he's a pretty solid, longtime "wanna-be-a-Gator" kid, for one thing...And a lot could happen between now and then: If Driskel "has a good year", Muschamp, Roper et al are probably set for a while, the program apparently stable for now and a LOT of "hope and promise" for the years ahead, with Grier set to "take it if he wants it", at SOME point--and if JD's "REALLY good", well, who knows how this season goes and where HE'LL be, what his options might be come 2015 (we can only hope and DREAM of such a scenario, at this point, right?). Anyway, things go well for JD ands our offense THIS year, looks like we COULD be nicely set at QB for seasons to come...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well on a bright note guys, OK State is giving FSU a game, maybe they can pull it off.
Yeah, I wasn't paying attention 'til girlfriend sent a "woohoo!"-wild txt a moment ago...Keeping it close after all.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(...She's having a better time than US, unexpectedly so to some extent--oblivious to our laments. She asked me, "How're yr Gators? Everything goin' as well as you hoped?" Don't even know where to START on this one...
"Oh yeah...nothing but one big play after--well, one big play, anyway..." Yeah, that seems like it about sums things up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema