• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida Football: Urban Meyer's Loyalty Might Be Holding the Gators Back

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And Foley is normally a sharp and clear-eyed judge of the program's health, its strengths, weaknesses and forward potential. Makes you wonder if he has said anything to Meyer--about the situation with Addazio specifically or the team's future in general.
Might be a little awkward, given the way the Coach quit then returned with Foley's approval, even urging--and all so soon after extended success of the highest order. Still, as you note, that wouldn't be likely to stop Foley once he got the idea that the future of the program might be threatened. And don't forget: he has powerful boosters complaining to him, you can be sure, just a part of the purely economic considerations and forces that he must answer to and take into account. If it hasn't come down to a "Come-to-Jesus"-talk with Meyer yet, it must be getting close to time.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Which boosters are screaming louder? The ones who support the Brantley clan, or the ones who want Addazio fired?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ha! Good question.
And don't forget all the others--even peripheral stuff like the people responsible for distribution of income received in ticket, concession and clothing sales ( HUGE receipts, all down), local business owners whose annual bottom lines depend on enthusiastic crowds showing up in Gainesville for home games, and wealthy alumni/contributors who demand excellence for the sake of their "bragging rights", to name just a few.
The ones who don't have enough clout to get a private meeting with him are button-holing Foley at public events and social functions, asking him questions and voicing concerns that have to be getting old, from his P.O.V. He has to be diplomatic, deflecting most of this with grace and apparent sincerity...but he IS the Athletic Director", and a good one. He has to see what we see. He can't afford stubbornness, endless patience OR loyalty to the exclusion of practicality.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
adazzio wont be fired, he'll be demoted

he's a great recruiter

wish he would just step down as OC after this yr

That would be FINE.
If he had HALF the honor and loyalty to Urban as the Head Coach has for him, he would do it.
(What concerns me is that if that were so, I believe he would have done so by now; hope I'm wrong.)

The Zooker

VIP Member
Foley hasn't said anything to Meyer yet. Meyer has earned that kind of professional respect to where Foley won't micromanage him. But I think it will come up in the off season when Meyer and Foley dissect the past season. Anything is a possibility at that point. As I've said before, nobody knows what is going to happen. Nothing would surprise me. Addazio could get another shot or he could be demoted to O-line coach/assistant head coach/media relations coordinator. Azzanni may be promoted. Loeffler may be promoted or may leave. An outside hire may occur. All bets are on the table right now after a season like this. Don't believe anything you read in the press because even Meyer himself doesn't yet know what he's going to do.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Foley hasn't said anything to Meyer yet. Meyer has earned that kind of professional respect to where Foley won't micromanage him. But I think it will come up in the off season when Meyer and Foley dissect the past season. Anything is a possibility at that point. As I've said before, nobody knows what is going to happen. Nothing would surprise me. Addazio could get another shot or he could be demoted to O-line coach/assistant head coach/media relations coordinator. Azzanni may be promoted. Loeffler may be promoted or may leave. An outside hire may occur. All bets are on the table right now after a season like this. Don't believe anything you read in the press because even Meyer himself doesn't yet know what he's going to do.

At this point, Zooker, I'm COUNTING on at LEAST that much ie. that despite statements, claims and protestations to the contrary, as you say, "anything is possible" once the season is over.

The Zooker

VIP Member
Word on the street is that North Texas wants to steal Dan McCarney from us. That sucks. Maybe he won't take it though. That program is in shambles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholeJaX