• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida finishes 3rd in final AP poll

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I would respect Bosie if they played in a much tougher conference weekly. They have a while to prepare for the bowl games.

You hit the nail on the head there. It's so easy to pile up a winning record beating cupcakes, but in the higher-profile conferences the men get separated from the boys.

JvilleJohnny

and boise state is not a "tough" football team, they are all finesse and trick plays. They could probably do well against Pac 10, or Big East opponents.. but the SEC would destroy the smurfs and their turf.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
All I have to say is that #3 ain't bad. All season long we have had to listen to the talking heads talk about non-traditional powers stealing the thunder from SEC and Big 12. At the end of the season, I am convinced that it was all for naught. Powerhouse conferences have vindicated themselves in my opinion and those Boise States, TCUs, and Cincinnatis can go stick their 12-0 or 12-1 records and suck it. I was wrong for even starting to buy into the hype of parity in the NCAA. I will say the gap is closing between the powerhouses and the wannabes, but the fact of the matter remains that the powerhouses have money to invest in programs (not athletes--that's illegal) that wannabes do not. Those programs attract another level of coach and athlete. Period. This is how NCAA has its powerhouses, and it just won't go away anytime soon.

BTW, none of those Boise States, TCUs, or Cincinnatis impressed me at all this year, even in a year when Alabama, Texas, Florida, Oklahoma and USC were all somewhat disappointing. All things being equal, the big boys still dominate. Fact: Boise State beat two other top tens. Fact: it doesn't friggin' matter. It's Boise State.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema