• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida down to five scholarship players after Damontre Harris, Dorian Finney-Smith suspended

Ga8or22

Eventis sultorum magister.
2 Comments
donovan-e1375462635767.jpeg
AP
Florida basketball took yet another hit on Thursday morning as head coach Billy Donovan announced that Damontre Harris and Dorian Finney-Smith have joined Scottie Wilbekin on the suspended indefinitely list.

Harris and Finney-Smith will not play in Florida’s exhibition game and they will both miss at least one regular season game.

That’s problematic for the Gators, as we’ve now reached a point in time where it is easier to list who is healthy and available than it is to list who is not.

Patric Young, Kasey Hill, DeVon Walker, Casey Prather and Dillon Graham. Those are Florida’s lone scholarship players that are not suspended and 100% healthy with the start of the season just eight days away. In addition to the three players that are suspended, Chris Walker is not yet enrolled in school, Michael Frazier has mono, Eli Carter is recovering from a broken leg and Will Yeguete is recovering from offseason knee surgery.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gee--Ya start out ranked a meaningless preseason #10, and immediately begin finding ways to lose essential players, much (if not all) self-inflicted. Yeah, I'm real jazzed 'bout the "distant-second-in-popularity"-sport's capacity to "lift our spirits".
Y'all might consider MY general attitude toward roundball itself, and our annual "lately-always-promising-BUT"-teams the last few years: Monitor from middle distance to check if they're on track for 20+ wins, start watching a bit more closely come SEC-tournament time, and begin to get into it right around Selection Sunday...You'll miss a LOT of the wild swings of emotion that seem mostly to end up being irrelevant by the time they get their "#2 or #3 seeding outside the Southeast"--and you can start your bitching then. Unless you like all that angst--and some do.
(My NON-Gator friends always seem to think it will distract me from the kinds of things that seem to be piling up EXTRA high this season, make me feel better "turning attention to B-ball"--and can't understand how or why the worse things are for us in the Fall, the LESS excited I can get, or attention I'll even give, to "the other big-time college sport", even once Football is over; For me, it's only after NSA, with its promise-for-the-future plus another month or so of "emotional distance" from the once-raw wounds, that I can even go there--just in time for all that silly "bracketology" hoopla, the Tournament itself--coinciding with SXSW here in Austin--big in both my professional and personal life--and, not incidentally, Spring, such as it is here, the end of what chill weather we get during the previous 90 days of our "terrifying Winters".)
(OK, @FrozenGator, and all others in the Upper Midwest and far Northeast can either laugh, groan or fire disparaging remarks at me for that, no matter how facetious I was being...)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema