• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida beats USC 97-93 for SEC East lead

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Nick Calathes scored 22 points, Alex Tyus added 19 and Florida avenged a disheartening loss to South Carolina two weeks ago with a 97-93 victory on Tuesday night.

The Gators lost the previous meeting mostly because of two missed free throws in the closing seconds. The Gamecocks returned the favor in the rematch, finishing 10 of 22 from the stripe.

Florida (19-4, 6-2 Southeastern Conference) won for the 13th time in its past 15 games, snapped South Carolina's four-game winning streak – and with help from Mississippi State – took over sole possession in the Eastern Division. The Bulldogs upset Kentucky 66-57 earlier Tuesday.

Devan Downey led South Carolina (16-5, 5-3) with 33 points. Zam Frederick added 17 and Dominique Archie chipped in 16.

Erving Walker finished with a career-high 18 for the Gators.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
This was also an edge-of-the-seat game; I was very happy with Erving Walker's performance last night.

Good job this time around by UF in not getting caught in a trap like they were in Columbia, and good strategy by Billy in the end also helped us grab this win.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Erving Walker just continues to get better. Devan Downey was impressive. Along with Calathes, he may be the most overlooked player in the country right now.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Can't overlook their contributions @ the "Charity Stripe"
Werner........4-4
Hodge...........5-7
Calathes......13-16

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Erving Walker just continues to get better. Devan Downey was impressive. Along with Calathes, he may be the most overlooked player in the country right now.

I wonder how much our guys were trying to trap Downey into committing his fifth foul to try and get him out of there in the 2nd quarter?

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Erving Walker just continues to get better. ............
He played 29 mins., and showed up to play this time against sc. His 18 points added to the other 5 players in double figures was a well balanced offensive effort. I hope they can maintain.
GO GATORS !!!!!

Erving Walker is a big time player man...

he really filled the shoes of jai lucas..

we also needed this win bad.. give us some motivation.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
^^ The only game I've seen this year was their first game. They lost to VMI. Needless to say, I wasn't that impressed. I need to catch more Kentucky games though. I miss me some Ashley Judd!

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Well I guess we'll have to wait 'til Tuesday. Maybe I'll catch a game on 360 you go get some of her dvd's.:punk:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema