• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

First BCS Standings poll

Swampman

VIP Member
I thought we got screwed. Gators barely cracked the Top 10.

BCS Standings
1. Texas 7-0
2. Alabama 7-0
3. Penn State 8-0
4. Oklahoma 6-1
5. USC 5-1
6. Oklahoma State 7-0
7. Georgia 6-1
8. Texas Tech 7-0
9. Ohio State 7-1
10. Florida 5-1
11. Utah 8-0
12. Boise State 6-0
13. LSU 5-1
14. TCU 7-1
15. Missouri 5-2
16. South Florida 6-1
17. Pitt 5-1
18. Georgia Tech 6-1
19. Tulsa 7-0
20. Ball State 7-0
21. BYU 6-1
22. Northwestern 6-1
23. Kansas 5-2
24. Minnesota 6-1
25. Florida State 5-1

gogators9606

Gator Fan
I still have a hard time understanding how USC is #5 and ahead of us. The BCS is a joke, but it is what it is.

GO GATORS........:gator:

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Part of it has to do with the fact that we had a bye this weekend. At least we're in the top 10, and as long as we win and rack up some "style points" we can move up the ladder.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
The loss at home to an Ole Miss team with a losing record is what's hurting us right now. As long as we take care of business for the remainder of the season we'll be fine.

GatorGal15

VIP Member
The computers HATED Florida, they have us at an average out of the top 10, I believe.

Ohio State and USC are both ahead of us, so is Georgia. Can we say OVERRATED!

shandsgator8

VIP Member
As long as we win the rest of our games we have a great shot at playing for the national title.

Many of the teams ahead of us have to play each other, so no worries.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
If anything the Gators should have been at least sixth but I agree if the Gators can win out (including the SEC game) they're bumrushed the BCS :gun_bandana:.

gators_2006

Gator Fan
if we can win out in the next 3 weeks, we should crack top five. penn state plays ohio state next week. texas plays oklahoma state and texas tech in the next two weeks and we play UGA. LSU might just pull one off against 'bama. if lsu beats 'bama, that should make us look a little better since we man handled the tigers.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
We still get to play Georgia and possibly Alabama. There is plenty of time to move up. I think we should be ahead of OSU though.

dmancari18

Gator Fan
We should be ahead of both Ohio State and USC. Just because USC beats Washington State 69-0 doesn't warrant that. Washington State is the only BCS level school to give up 60+ points in 4 games EVER. They're a joke of a program.

Susie

Gator Fan
I think we were shafted in these rankings but like everyone said if we win out we should go right to the top. We will have beaten GA and most likely AL. I think we will be sitting pretty!

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Favorable Analysis

BCS national championship
"Texas (Big 12 champ) vs. Florida (SEC champ). If Texas thought the 2005 national title game was a glorified road game, wait until they get a look at Florida fans in South Florida."

Matt Hayes of Sporting News breaks it down and comes up with my scenari;)..........

dmancari18

Gator Fan
That assumes that Penn State doesn't win out. Sorry folks, as much as I love the Gators, Penn State's schedule is quite a bit easier than ours. This weekend will say A LOT for them. We need to win out and win BIG in some key games. We need South Carolina to win a good bit, we need FSU to keep winning, we need Vandy to get back to winning and then we need to win those, the GA and SEC Champ games DECIDEDLY. This isn't as cut and dry as it looks. Even if we win out, if our wins look like they did in '06 and a couple of these teams win, we will be on the outside looking in.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
I thought we got screwed. Gators barely cracked the Top 10...................
Thought this to be an interesting and possibly accurate way to explain the slight of FLA in the bcs .....
*Florida is 10th in the B.C.S. standings this week, which seems low, but Jerry Palm, who crunches B.C.S. numbers said it had a lot to do with Gators having played one fewer game than most teams. “Three of the four one-loss teams ahead of Florida have better records,” Palm said in an e-mail message. “U.S.C. has the same record, but is determined to have played a better schedule. Georgia, Ohio State, and Oklahoma may or may not have played better schedules than Florida, but close enough for the better record to be meaningful.”
The idea is that Florida will look better in the B.C.S. scheme of things in the next few weeks after a few more games.
The rest of the story is in the NYT blog SEC Notebook

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema