• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Familiar bracket

News Bot

News Bot
Some thoughts on the bracket with more to come in the Back Nine:
* I’m not surprised that Florida got a No. 2 seed. The Gators did have a great resume and after listening to chairman Gene Smith this morning it was obvious the Florida-Kentucky game had nothing to do with the seeding. I am surprised at the lack of creativity for the committee. The last time Florida was in Tampa, it was a two seed and played Michigan State in the second round. Now Michigan State is a 10 seed opposite Florida. The good news is that UF plays an 18-13 team in the opener. Cal-Santa Barbara has to travel all the way across the country. If UCLA beats Michigan State, it would be a rematch of the 2006 national title game. Also, Florida could face BYU in the Sweet 16, a rematch of last year’s first round game. Crazy.
* I knew Georgia was in when I saw Villanova seeded ninth and George Mason eighth. Good for the Dogs. If they handle West Virginia, they could give North Carolina some trouble.
* For the No. 1 seed overall, it’s going to be tough for Ohio State the way Kentucky is playing right now. Anyone who picks Princeton to beat the Cats is insane.
* How many people will pick Oakland to beat Texas in the first round? I’d say roughly 37,321.
* I think San Diego State has an easy bracket to get to the Elite 8.
* Right. The selection committee doesn’t think about things like this. But Lon Kruger is again going against a team he used to coach (2000 v. Florida, now v. Illinois). Right. Just a coincidence.
* I feel bad for Anthony Grant and the Alabama people. But it could be worse. At least he’s still employed.
* It’s all about matchups in the NCAA and the losers to me today are Wisconsin (plays Belmont), Kansas State (Utah State), Vanderbilt (Richmond), Louisville (Morehead State) and Butler (Old Dominion).

Source: GatorSports.com - Dooley's Desk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema