• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ex-UF signee’s waiver denied, will not play for Auburn in 2011

News Bot

News Bot
When last we heard from Mike Blakely, the former Florida signee who transferred to Auburn was hoping to receive a waiver from the NCAA that would permit him to play immediately for the Tigers. As expected, however, that request has been summarily dismissed. By way of Evan Woodbury of the Mobile Press-Register… and Birmingham News……
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damn right--Coach M "wished him well" at the time he left, but he HAD to be thinking this was the likely outcome if Blakely did go to another SEC school (or ANY BCS-level program, for that matter--but it was THIS possibility that had to be a concern, no matter what was said publicly). I was sure getting sick of this business of having to immediately face 4- and 5-star guys that deserted us, or somehow couldn't hack it or didn't make the grades. If they wanna play right away, let 'em go to North Alabama or some such reject-refuge...otherwise, you sit.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
Don't make fun of N. Alabama, they are one of the dirtiest (I mean that in a good way) teams in D2 football. They are stacked with SEC transfers and have a coach with the last name Bowden.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I know they're good--and a program like theirs HAS to be there.
I really didn't mean to deeply dis them--I was just being blunt about the changed circumstances and narrowed options of the otherwise-talented athletes who manage to screw up badly enough to fall that far from grace.
(I actually almost used a made-up school name, something like "North Idaho Polytechnic" in that place in the sentence, but decided otherwise--sometimes my humor distracts from the point I'm trying to make, for some folks. I guess maybe I should remember I'm on a site with a generally more insightful readership, who can keep up. My apologies.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema