• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Eric Wilbur finds a team

stewart

Gator Fan
(Aug. 8)—The Jaguars have waived punter Tony Yelk and signed former Florida Gators punter Eric Wilbur, an undrafted free agent who had signed with the Houston Texans.

Yelk was signed on March 15 and shared the punting chores in last Friday’s scrimmage with fourth-round draft choice Adam Podlesh.

Wilbur, 6-2, 200, is Florida’s all-time leader in punting yardage (9,900) and attempts (231), and is second in average (42.9). He led the SEC as a senior with 53 punts for a 42.3-yard average. He will wear jersey number four.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Haha.. actually the Jags cut him already yesterday after 1 day of practice.

He must not have been too impressive.

trialprof

Gator Fan
Eric Wilbur

I happened to be at the Jags practice Tuesday night - the night Wilbur practiced and he was good. Just as good - if not better- than their fourth round draft choice. I understand that he had tryouts that afternoon with all the coaches and kicked over 50 balls at that time and then went to the evening practice. Personally - I don't think they even wanted to give him a chance to show up their draft pick - they want a camp leg but not one that has the potential to take the job. Funny business the NFL. I guess Wilbur got what they mean by Not For Long!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema