• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Driskel all in (to football)

News Bot

News Bot
Shortly after quarterback Jeff Driskel was recently drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 29th round, UF coach Will Muschamp recommended that he go ahead and sign a contract with the team.

“Jeff came in my office and said, ‘Coach, this is the deal. They want to sign me. If I ever play baseball, I have to play for the Red Sox. I haven’t picked up a bat in two years and I have no intention of playing baseball, but they’re willing to cut me a check,’ “ Muschamp said. “By NCAA rules, it’s legal.

“I said, ‘Jeff if you were my son, I’d tell you to sign the contract.’ His commitment level to the University of Florida is outstanding, but he had a great opportunity there with a great organization. If he ever does want to pick up a bat or a glove, certainly being a part of the Red Sox organization would be outstanding.”

Driskel reiterated at SEC Media Days on Tuesday that he’s all about the Gators, and all about pursuing an NFL career after his playing days are over at UF.

“I’m all football,” he said. “I’m a football player. At the end of the day, I’m the quarterback at Florida. I couldn’t ask for anything more.

“I want to be a football player when I grow up. I haven’t hit a baseball in two years.”

Driskel said the last time he swung a bat was in Muschamp’s backyard.

“He had us at his house and I did some hitting in his batting cage,” Driskel said.

Source: GatorSports.com - Robbie's Playbook

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema