• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Does it really matter what Meyer says at this point?

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
He will probably provide us with his usual spin on things. " We need to get better". "We need to block". " We need to get our play makers involved". " We are not that good". " I think Addazio did a good job". He has been saying the same crap all year yet nothing I mean nothing ever gets done. I think this man has gone mad. He is freaking crazy at this point. I am starting to question his drive to even wanna be here.

ki501

Gator Fan
NO! Actions speak louder than words. There has been no signs of improvement this year by the coaching staff or the players. It's time for a change of command.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Can we re-accept his resignation?

I wish. Will he show the grace to offer it again? Probably not, for reasons I just covered over on the game-thread. He's deep into his role of "Tragic Hero" now, so sure "I'm right!" and standing against the world--he, Addazio and the "Plan to Win". It's "Gotterdamerung"--cue the Wagner and ready the Bunker!

I'm sick of his vapid post-game comments and midweek promises too--coupled with the actual "evidence of our eyes", it's driving me into my own craziness. I may have to go with over-the-top cynical satire more and more now, just to let off steam.
Our angry but nonetheless logical, clear-eyed rants aimed at lodging the complaints of Gator-Nation at the feet of those actually in a position to DO something about it all isn't working--is it ZOOKER? You seem to have sources close to the team: Is anybody listening? Do they know that (1) It's broke!, and (2) A BUNCH of us out here know it, aren't buying the BS, DON'T WANNA HEAR IT NO MORE!???

The Zooker

VIP Member
The only "change" that my sources talk about is the change of heart that our recruits are feeling. There's nothing within the program that indicates a change in the coaching staff or Foley's intention to mention it. Meyer has earned a complete mulligan season from Foley after winning two national titles.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Um, some of it is intentional--and some of it is not; a lot of the anger, bewilderment and frustration around this and other sites is real--heartfelt, in fact.
Which do you find more "hysterical"? I'm just interested...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
dude if he does that i may actually come off the fire meyer wagon.

As I've said elsewhere, it is the only acceptable "half measure"--but he also has to bring in someone with imagination, a free-wheeling approach and the passion and guts to make it work. Meyer NEEDS some new blood, someone to help infuse the fire back into the team--and Urban himself!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Game after game after game, series after series after series...I kept asking the Gator coaching staff via the screen, the room, the folks watching the 'Horns game in the other room when they'd peek in to wonder at my carrying on: "This is it? This is what YOU have learned and taken from the last few games?!!"
(Then I'd go back to typing out my part in our discussions here--only thing keeping me from destroying property, at this point--though I DID inadvertently convert a once-favorite Gator shirt to "knock-around-wear" at some point in the proceedings, not sure exactly when.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema