• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Denard "shoelace" Robinson to UF?

DOGatorFrat

Gator Fan
A couple of my buddies who are both alumni of the University of Michigan have been saying on a few of their threads that there are rumors going around of us taking their offensive coordinator and even a possibility of Debard transferring? Could and probably is just "rumors" but has anyone else heard anything?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
It's a rumor. We failed to get Denard Robinson before. If we got him now, he would have to sit a year. As for the Michigan OC, I have heard no such rumors. Calvin Magee is the OC of a similar offense. He graduated from USF.

I expect a lot of rumors to go flying. Calvin Magee is no more qualified to be the OC than Zach Azzanni. Mark it in stone: Steve Eugene Aloisius Darlene Addazio will either be the OC or the Offensive Co-Coordinator in 2011.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Fine--and you can just go ahead and HIT me with that slab of stone, E-'94...
("They're killing me Whitey, they're KILLING me!")

Leakfan12

VIP Member
It's a rumor. We failed to get Denard Robinson before. If we got him now, he would have to sit a year. As for the Michigan OC, I have heard no such rumors. Calvin Magee is the OC of a similar offense. He graduated from USF.

I expect a lot of rumors to go flying. Calvin Magee is no more qualified to be the OC than Zach Azzanni. Mark it in stone: Steve Eugene Aloisius Darlene Addazio will either be the OC or the Offensive Co-Coordinator in 2011.

Also the Gators could have had Tyrod Taylor who was ranked ahead of both Brantley and Newton according to scout.com. Also the thing about Addazio as OC for 2011 better not be set on :censored: Stone because I'm sick and :censored: tried for running up the middle with scat backs and a crappy O-line and bubble screens. Someone should really force Meyer's hand.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Also the Gators could have had Tyrod Taylor who was ranked ahead of both Brantley and Newton according to scout.com. Also the thing about Addazio as OC for 2011 better not be set on :censored: Stone because I'm sick and :censored: tried for running up the middle with scat backs and a crappy O-line and bubble screens. Someone should really force Meyer's hand.

We're with you, man. All of us here have been building that case for MONTHS. Speaking for myself, I've gotten to the point where I don't know what more I could do or say to make this (and several related) point(s).
You'll still find the "remnants" of these discussions in other threads in progress here right now. I'm glad to see you and others "picking up the flag"--I support you, but as I say elsewhere, I'm more into a "wait and see" mode now, hoping that a change is coming, fearing that it is not. Either way, I'll have something to say when we know.

Escambia94

This offense does not need the Rivals 5-star QBs. I think it needs 4 and 5 star LBs, CBs, etc, but dual threat QBs rarely get 5 stars as a QB, maybe as an athlete.

I would also like to see Meyer re-evaluate how his teams are built. We can get by with midget RBs if we have monster linemen. Otherwise, we need big TEs and FBs.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I think we have focused too much on speed in our recruiting. You need some size too! Jeff Demps can't be a feature back, but Gillislee, who has more size and almost just as much speed is a better option.

Back to the original topic, I don't thing DR would transfer here, but the possibility of a new OC is great. I really hope we can bring someone in and get rid of Addazio.

Escambia94

I think we have focused too much on speed in our recruiting. You need some size too! Jeff Demps can't be a feature back, but Gillislee, who has more size and almost just as much speed is a better option.

Back to the original topic, I don't thing DR would transfer here, but the possibility of a new OC is great. I really hope we can bring someone in and get rid of Addazio.

Very good assessment. I think we need a speedy back (Demps), a big/speedy back (Gillislee), and a big bruiser (like Mooooody, but with running and receiving skills).

Demps can be the featured back if the offensive line makes the crease for him. This offensive line couldn't block a darn thing.

I think we all agree on a new OC. Just how do we get a new one? Santa, we've been good! Give us a new offensive coordinator, please!

yeah i thought it was a long shot too Either way I would be very excited to see a new OC come in

I know. It would be nice, but even if we got Denard he would need to sit a year. If we had to pluck a young OC, that guy would be a good choice. I wouldn't be picky if someone, anyone volunteered to come to UF as an OC.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Wasn't Brown supposed to be this "go to guy" at RB? Did they end up putting the "redshirt" on him? God knows we needed SOMEONE that fit the skills I've heard attributed to him, all the more with all the injuries.
I hear him mentioned vaguely here and there in varying contexts, and have been wondering what the story is there...someone able to fill me in?

As for wanting/needing/praying/sacrificing-a-virgin-at-dawn for a new OC, I do my share (within reason, or at least within the boundaries of accepted non-psychotic behavior).
While a part of me waits and hopes, more and more of the rest slides toward "Get ready to get shafted, Gator-faithful!".
Sorry, but what I dread most in this mess is a long, slow "nuthin' much happnin'" through the winter until suddenly we're looking at spring practice and the "realization" that this it, "What you see is what you get, folks": the plan on offense all along was the same as last year's, "only this time we'll get it right!"
If/when that day comes, how many out there will say, "Yeah, OK, I'll buy that"?

ShortBus

VIP Member
Wasn't Brown supposed to be this "go to guy" at RB? Did they end up putting the "redshirt" on him? God knows we needed SOMEONE that fit the skills I've heard attributed to him, all the more with all the injuries.
I hear him mentioned vaguely here and there in varying contexts, and have been wondering what the story is there...someone able to fill me in?

our two play playbook is too complex..

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
It was probably best that Brown redshirted. The backfield is crowded. I can't remember the last time I saw Moody run the ball.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema