• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cool Chas Henry article...

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
The amazing feat by University of Florida punter Chas Henry wasn’t captured by YouTube, but Roswell High School’s Richie Leone says he’s a witness. Henry is working out this summer with other college and high school kickers and punters with kicking coach Mike McCabe in Prattville, Ala.

“We were standing there on the 40-yard line messing around, and Chas said ‘I bet I can put it through the goalposts from here,’” Leone said. “We were like ‘There is no way — that’s too far away.’ Chas stepped up and punted it right between the goalposts, at least 75 yards or more away. And there was room to spare.”

More: http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-high-school-sports/2010/06/10/football-university-of-floridas-henry-punts-75-yard-fg-mentors-other-georgia-punters/?cxntfid=blogs_georgia_high_school_sports

(Chas is at the far right - )
Chaz.jpg

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
Is there a chance he gets drafted next year? I know kickers and punters aren't usually drafted, but are signed afterwards. But he seems to be pretty good and might steal a 6th or 7th round pick.

AK Gator

Gator Fan
Is there a chance he gets drafted next year? I know kickers and punters aren't usually drafted, but are signed afterwards. But he seems to be pretty good and might steal a 6th or 7th round pick.

Well a total of 17 punters have been drafted in the NFL since 2000 so like you said, they aren't typically drafted. Like anything in the draft it comes down to the order the teams choose and who needs what when. If he is lucky the cards will fall well and he'll get picked up for some extra money instead of getting signed on as a free agent. He has a good reputation of pinning people within the 20 yd. line and he has a monster of a leg. It depends a lot on how this season plays of for him but I would give him a good shot of getting called on the last day of the draft.

MetalheadGCN

Gator Fan
Yeah, it would really come down to need. What team would need a punter at next year's draft? Zoltan Mesko got drafted by NE because Chris Hanson sucked a root. If a team really needs help at the punting position, then I bet Henry would get his name called.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema