• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Colt Brennan staying in school

UFtb

VIP Member
Now this is a true college footballer player. "My heart lies right here in Hawaii". I wish him well.

HONOLULU -- Hawaii quarterback Colt Brennan withdrew from the NFL draft Wednesday and will return to school for his senior season.

Brennan on Monday filed the paperwork to make himself eligible for April's draft but said he needed more time to make up his mind. He had 72 hours to decide and ended up choosing another year running the Warriors' high-powered offense.

Colt Brennan
Marco Garcia/WireImage.com
Hawaii's Colt Brennan rewrote the NCAA record book.

"I know what I'm passing up," Brennan said at a news conference. "My heart lies right here in Hawaii."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2734347

rawdog

VIP Member
I thought for sure he was going to come out. He could have been a high draft pick for sure. You can't knock a guy for wanting to stay in school though, especially since he lives in HAWAII!!!

JohnnyBGood

VIP Member
There is never a time when I would encourage a person to leave college early. A college education is so important. All it takes is one career ending injury for your sports career to be over and then you have to rely on your brain. Don't you ever see those NCAA commercials.. "there are 3000 ncaa athletes, and 95% of us will be going pro in something other than sports."

I say get the education while you can and while you're getting a full-ride.

UFtb

VIP Member
I commend Brennan for staying in school, but you're a fool to pass up millions of dollars. You can always go back to school later on in your life. So many athletes do it these days, including your boy Emmitt Smith.

I agree with ufTB. But I consider Colt the bigger man by staying in school. I only watched one game of his and that was the Hawaii bowl. He is an awesome QB and I wanted him to come to the Jags!;)

lilChomp

VIP Member
Looks like the Jags will have to wait till next year. And after the way they;ve drafted 1st round picks as of late, I wouldn't want Colt going to them because then he'd be a bust.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema