• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chase Daniel will win the Heisman

Swampman

VIP Member
Chase Daneil just played a hell of a game throwing 361 yards and 3 touchdowns in a win over Kansas. I think he just won himself the Heisman. :mad:

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
I just got done watching that game also, Kansas looked like a high school team out there nowhere near a #2 team, why does overrated come to mind, on that QB for mizzou, He played a good game, but NOT a great game!!! Let him play like that against oklahoma then maybe so, Did you see there schedule? THE only ranked team they played this year was Oklahoma and they got beat 41-31, and ofcourse Kansas, but my gracious KANSAS, MIZZOU are you kidding me? The heisman will goto the BEST player in college football, and for right now, it's between Darren Mcfadden and Tim Tebow...Thats not my opinion that was told by several guys today on TV. I don't know if you listenin to lou holtz last night after the Arkansas game, but like he said there's 5 guys right now, plus a defensive player that could win it, And lets say that QB from missouri does win it, then the questions are gonna start coming in on Tim, Darren, long "for virginia" and more, I mean you can't justify why 1 guy wins the heisman, cuz there always gonna be contreversy over it, like last year, do you really think Troy Smith shoulda won it? darren was a second runner up last year. Sorry for the book LOL, but thats my thoughts. GOOOO TEBOW!!!!!!!

nismodrift

VIP Member
Tebows gonna win I mean come on look at his stats and he played the toughest schedule of this year so there's no way he shouldn't win the heisman. . .

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Tebows gonna win I mean come on look at his stats and he played the toughest schedule of this year so there's no way he shouldn't win the heisman. . .

I hope you're right. Tebow does have the stats, but he has two things going against him... 1. Not playing for a BCS team and 2. Being a sophomore.

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
Being in a BCS game has nothing to do with winning the heisman or the national championship, I mean does the heisman JUST go to players who play on undefeated teams or playing for the national championship? If so NOW thats messed up, I mean how can you justify a football player on the team he plays for? or his stats? and what happens if you have a players on a undefeated team or on a team playing for a NC that has great stats, but yet you have a guy thats on say 6-5 team thats and outstanding player? who wins it? I'll say IF Tim doesn't win it, it's becuz he's a sophomore the record has nothing to with it, nor does the BCS, 3 guys 2 I can name won the heisman with 3 loses,,,"jim plunket, and dillford I think thte BYU QB, so it's up to the voters.

sbq80

VIP Member
I hope Tebow wins the Heisman BUT you gotta give Chase Daniel credit.
He is a legit Heisman QB & when he needed to shine on a National level vs the #2 team in the country dude went 40-49 361 yrds 3 TDs & NO Ints.
That is 82% completion % & a QB rating of 117.7.
He played GREAT vs a very good & very fast Kansas team.
If he plays like crap vs Oklahoma Tebow wins it, if Daniel plays great again the award is his. In my opinion

GatorGal15

VIP Member
Tebow SHOULD win the Heisman, but the only 2 things that will hurt him, which I don't agree with is,

1. He is only a Sophmore
2. Florida has lost 3 games.

I am not sure right now who will win the Heisman

I know Colt Brennan does not deserve it, because Hawaii really doesn't play anybody. I think the top 3 will be Tim Tebow, Darren McFadden and Chase Daniel.

preachinGator

VIP Member
I will keep this post simple. Tebow for he15man!!!!

Stats do NOT lie. Broken records in the teams stats, broken records in the SEC, broken records (tie) in the NCAA.

Can Daniel, who is a worthy opponent, say he has over 20 /20 TD's?

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
I'm not on the darren mcfadden bandwagon, but I do love watching him play, when he's in his groove, he's alota fun to watch, plus he didnt miss any games this year...there coach basically took the ball out of his hands prior to the LSU game.....I'm on tim's bandwagon and I've voted for him every since the poles opened...But it's gonna be probably gonna be 1 of the most if not the most closest heisman race in many years, although darren mcfadden missed it last year by a 100 votes I think. this will be his second time going to new york. I like him I think he's an awsome running back, and if he was apart of florida, just think what kinda offense we'd have with tebow at QB and mcfadden at running back.....sweet!!!!

djg8tr22

VIP Member
I heard that the Orange Bowl really wants UF to come play cuzz of the money flow that we will bring in. So that will help him. Being ranked 10th in the nation with no defense and having to put up crazy as hell numbers should give it to him.

sbq80

VIP Member
Compaing the two;

TEBOW 9-3 #10

217/317 68.5% 3132 yrds, 29 TD, 6 Ints

194 carries, 838 yrds, 4.3 avg, 22 TD, 0 Fumbles

DANIEL 11-1 #1

349/495 70.5% 3951 yrds, 33 TD, 9 Ints

93 carries 258 yrds 2.8 avg, 3 TD, 0 Fumbles

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
hayley
i am going to have to disagree with you on D Mc.
he is an awesome runner but his stats are not the best.
Check it out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=170928

I understand all the stats and stuff, all I'm going by is what the people say that has a vote in the heisman, Whats gonna hurt Tim and god forbid it, is he's a sophomore...I'm not taking nothing away from tim, please understand that, but IF tim doesn't win it, I hope darren mcfadden does, he deserves to just like Tim, but here's the contreversy, so does chase, they all deserve it, thats why I say it's gonna be THE closest race probably in heisman history....So it's not all about the stats, or your win loss record, or even being undefeated or playing in the national championship game, it has to with the most outstanding player in college football, and "quote" Kirt herbstreit, Darren Mcfadden is the most outstanding player in college football, with chase at missouri at a very close 2nd..It was on game day, I heard it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema