• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Charlie Strong Departs Florida For Louisville

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Long time Florida Gator Defenseive Coordinator Charlie Strong has finally gotten his opportunity to be a head coach. The University of Louisville announced this afternoon the hiring of Strong who will be given the task of winning back the Cardinals fan base and bringing a winning program back to Louisville. The Cardinals have struggled ever since Bobby Petrino left over 3 years ago. The terms of Strong's contract are not yet available and it's unclear whether he will join the Gators for their Sugar Bowl matchup with Cincinnati.

"I've done a lot of homework with this hire, and I was amazed how well-respected and revered Charlie Strong is throughout the country," Jurich said. "He commands a lot of respect from people within the game, including ex-players and coaches around college football."

Charlie Strong is a great defensive mind, over the last 4-5 years the Gators have constantly had a flood of defensive talent come in and dominate on the field. He knows how to recruit and he knows how to coach. I think he'll be very successful in Louisville and in a conference that isn't exactly known for tough defenses.

We all want to wish Charlie good luck at Louisville and maybe we'll play against him some day down the road. One thing I think is funny, but can't confirm because I didn't hear it officially - but I read that during the press conference Charlie Strong thanked all the coaches he has worked for except Ron Zook :)

What do you think of the Charlie Strong departure/hiring? Do you think Louisville is a good fit for him?

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema