• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Carlos Dunlap and Maurkice Pouncey Declare For NFL Draft

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Two more underclassmen had declared for the NFL Draft - the deadline to declare is Friday, January 15. It's really no surprise that Carlos Dunlap will be leaving for the NFL. He was an absolute beast on the field, is the perfect size for the NFL and many scouts have him as a Top 15 talent. Maurkice Puncey's situation was a litter different - people weren't sure if he'd leave his twin brother Mike. But, both are moving on and we wish them nothing but success.

Carlos Dunlap finished 2009 with nine sacks and 19.5 for his career. I thought if he stayed all four years he could challenge Alex Brown for UF's all time record - he is that good. "This took a lot of thought and prayer between me and my family, and we decided that this was the best direction for me to take," Dunlap said. "I've loved having the chance to play at Florida for Coach [Urban] Meyer, and playing for Coach Charlie Strong. I wouldn't be the person or the player I am today without them and the other coaches who have helped me along the way."

Carlos became a bit of a problem when he was busted for DUI following the FSU game - one week prior to the SEC Championship Game. I'm not sure how Meyer really feels about him going... and if he would welcome him back to the team in 2010 anyway. But here's what Meyer had to say: "Carlos has all of the physical tools to be successful at the next level," said Meyer. "I believe if he continues to grow and mature he will have a very long career in the NFL. He provided matchup problems for opposing teams and was a big part of our success during the last several years. We wish him the best of luck."

I expect Carlos Dunlap to be a Top 15 pick and one of the first DE's taken.

Maurkice Pouncey on the other hand will probably be a second or third round pick. Maurkice Pouncey tallied 40 career starts over his three seasons and was the winner of the 2009 Rimington Trophy, presented to the best center in the nation. The problem is guards/centers don't really go high in the draft - you may see one go in the first round.

"This is one of the biggest decisions I have ever made in my life," Maurkice Pouncey said. "I am glad that my brother and I made the decision to be Gators. God gave us the knowledge, strength and ability to be great players, but it is now time for my brother and me to part ways."

But really, there's nothing left for Maurkice to prove at the college level.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema