• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Captial One Bowl Gifts

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The Best Gift Ever: The Capital One Bowl is letting both teams loose in Best Buy (not at the same time, of course) with a $400 gift certificate for each player to get whatever he wants. Won't fit on the plane home? Not a problem. They'll mail it. And Tebow, the Heisman Trophy winner, doesn't even have to worry about roaming the aisles while Florida fans gawk at him and mob him for autographs. The Gators and Michigan will be there before the store opens.

GatorVirgin

VIP Member
I thought the NCAA was pretty strict about players getting gifts and whatnot?

Apparently that doesn't apply to this?

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I thought the NCAA was pretty strict about players getting gifts and whatnot?

Apparently that doesn't apply to this?

It's only illegal if fans do it or boosters to get a kid to go there. Also they can't just accept money from people when they get there. If the people running a bowl game give them gifts that is perfectly fine.

Swampman

VIP Member
They probably have a dollar amount limit that Bowls can give the players... but I'm pretty sure every bowl gives out gifts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema