• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Can you believe pouncey said this?

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
POUNCEY STATED

"These guys got to learn how to prepare, how to practice," Pouncey said. "We've got to get the right players playing the right positions and then just rebuild this program back to a winning program. ... He's a great coach. He's obviously going to get the right players in and he's going to turn this program around fast."

Read more: Florida, Meyer get humbled in Tallahassee 31-7 » Kitsap Sun

FIRST OF ALL WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS TALKING LIKE THIS? BY FAR HE HAS PLAYED THE WORSE OUT OF ANY OF OUR LINE MAN ESPECIALLY GIVING THE FACT HE IS A SENIOR. HE SHOULD OF NEVER BEEN MOVED TO CENTER. HE SHOULD OF NEVER CALLED OUT THE FRESHMAN CLASS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR. HE HAS NOT BEEN A LEADER BUT RATHER TRIED TO BE A BULLY. HE WILL NEVER MAKE IT AS A CENTER IN THE NFL, HE'S NO WHERE NEAR SMART ENOUGH TO BE A CENTER. HE WILL BE A GOOD GUARD BUT THATS IT. LEARN HOW TO SNAP A BALL AND BLOCK AT THE SAME TIME BIG BOY THEN YOU CAN TALK ALL YOU WANT.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
"We've got to get the right players playing the right positions.......,"

No you should be playing guard not center. Hey, good luck to you in the NFL. Playing guard.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
It's not just that he cannot play center, it is also that he mentored the freshmen incorrectly. I have to rely on hearsay and a few reports, but I have heard that he yelled at the freshmen a lot in spring training and summer camps. He specifically called out some of the freshmen, including Powell and Easley to the point those two almost left. It's not like Powell and Easley suck--I just don't think they felt welcome. Sure, they should have expected some flak, but Powell was accustomed to the easy life at USCw where there is little hazing and yelling. In short, there was a big rift between the seniors and the freshmen and it was due in large part to Pouncey. Ahmad Black was a favorite of the freshmen because he is a vocal leader that did not yell unnecessarily at the freshmen, and he performed on the field. Black had a lot of reasons to yell--he should not have led the team in tackles--that's the linebacker corps job. Bad leadership on the part of Pouncey, and it shows in his post-game comments. Read Black's Tweets--nothing but positive comments. It's like night and day how the defense and offense has been led. As for Brantley, he never says anything inspiring, if he even says anything.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Black also showed he's a better player.

Amen! I missed the first part of the game, since I was taking my mom shopping (I drove from Texas to Florida to see her). The first thing I saw when I flipped on the TV was Ahmad Black on the ground, injured. That's when I knew the game was over. I watched the rest of the game any way, and saw Black get back on the field. At the same time, I saw Pouncey pushing and shoving the opposing FSU linemen. Yet again, two opposing types of players. I would not have noticed if I were not looking for more reasons to dislike Pouncey.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
LMAO.... ya right players in the right positions.....hahaha he must have forgotten the 1st 5 games and the snapping issues. thats funny!

BrianFL

Gator Fan
you guys ripping pouncey, did he make himself the center ? Like you said, he is not a center. I would bet money that he did not want to be the center. It was forced upon him so he did it. Then he makes a comment about people playing the right positions. Don't you think he means himself ? I would bet on that too.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
you guys ripping pouncey, did he make himself the center ? Like you said, he is not a center. I would bet money that he did not want to be the center. It was forced upon him so he did it. Then he makes a comment about people playing the right positions. Don't you think he means himself ? I would bet on that too.

Well i would like to agree with you but he was quoted as saying one of the reasons " he" switched to center and came back was to improve his draft stock and make himself a better nfl player as well as some other reasons. I dont believe if he came to meyer and said hey coach i really cant get this snap thing down. i think i would be a better asset to the team back at my old position that meyer would not switch him back. Call it pride, stubborn, what ever but he has to know he is not a good center. Thats a tough position that i believe you have to be groomed to play and not just put in there to be truly great. you must be able to call out blocking assignments, snap the ball, get your head up and block all within seconds of each other. Just my two sense on this.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Interesting take--not sure, but up until now he HAS been ripping others when he made such comments, so I guess in that context it's easy to assume... As for the switch to center, he made that move because his twin was drafted a year earlier, higher (and for more money) than HE would be as a guard. All we had was a young and inexperienced freshman there, so the coaches were glad Pouncey was game and thought with practice he'd step right into the open slot--so did Pouncey, I'm sure. Another coaching miscalculation? Well, it's tough being separated from your identical twin, especially in a situation where you've been doing your respective jobs on the football field BESIDE EACH OTHER for many years. Add to that the pressure, stress and subtle complexities of learning a much more multi-leveled, multi-tasking position and you get an idea of why assuming this was going to go smoothly or easily was unrealistic at best.
It was the same kind of blithe judgment that had a non-running drop-back passer stepping into the same Power/Option Spread Offense designed for Tim Tebow, and expecting THAT to just work itself out. The man responsible for these decisions was also the one in charge of the "O"-line AND the Offensive Coordinator: Steve Addazio.
Therefore, though it''s clear that Pouncey came up short both on and off the field in his roles of would-be All American center AND self-appointed team-leader, the hard-headed stubborness that KEPT him there characterized Addazio's whole approach to HIS duties, for which he was ill-suited and over-matched.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema