• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Brian Harbach: 13 SEC Predictions

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I can agree with those predictions. I do not expect the traditional powers to keep the Boise States and TCUs at bay. I do not see Alabama repeating, and I do not see Florida surprising the world with a resurgence in year 1 of the post-Tebow era. Somebody else is going to capitalize on parity and turmoil in the SEC, and it might be the Big 12 or Big 10, maybe even Pac-10.

JvilleJohnny

My predictions... Boise State plays for the national championship next year. NOT against Alabama, they will have at least one loss next year. I agree with him in saying that Florida and Alabama will play two times next year(we will do to them as they did to us this year, and sneak up on em). But, I think either the Pac 10 (specifically Oregon) or the Big 12 (Texas) plays in the NC game.

Very early I know. But, thats how I see it. :confused0082:

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I don't think the Pac-10 has a team good enough to be in the Nat'l Chip (except for power house Arizona). It's possible that a Big 12 team can get in the game, but I don't expect a win from them, no team looks better than the big dogs from the other leagues. Look out for Ohio State, they can sneak in this year, especially with good play from Pryor. Boise St. and other non-BCS schools get closer and closer to the big game each year. But I still give it to the SEC.

lilChomp

VIP Member
I definitely agree that Urban Meyer will coach all Florida games - and I agree that the SECCG will be Alabama vs. Florida ... I'm just now sure about bama coming out on top!

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
dunno maybe its just me just seems like these predictions were based on a gator hater....i still think our team is a sleeper next year and an SEC team will b on top when its all said and done

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
You can bet your last dollar that (1) Urban will be on the Gator sidelines not only in the spring but this fall as well, (2) Bama goes from being the hunter to the hunted as Florida will be out for blood, and (3) if ol' Meatchicken sends RichRod packing should he struggle again, they'll try and poach Les Miles away from LSU back to his alma mater a second time.

As far as Boise State goes, I won't give those whiners two cents to go to the moon until they can play a tougher schedule and PROVE they're as good as they claim they are. Playing cupcakes gets you nowhere; they can bitch all they want anbout not getting respect but as long as the BCS is in place a weak strength-of-schedule will keep coming back to bite them in the keister.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
As far as Boise State goes, I won't give those whiners two cents to go to the moon until they can play a tougher schedule and PROVE they're as good as they claim they are. Playing cupcakes gets you nowhere; they can bitch all they want anbout not getting respect but as long as the BCS is in place a weak strength-of-schedule will keep coming back to bite them in the keister.

i second that

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
You can bet your last dollar that (1) Urban will be on the Gator sidelines not only in the spring but this fall as well, (2) Bama goes from being the hunter to the hunted as Florida will be out for blood, and (3) if ol' Meatchicken sends RichRod packing should he struggle again, they'll try and poach Les Miles away from LSU back to his alma mater a second time.

The definition of "cupcake" depends on your point of view. I agree that BS (Boise State) plays a BS schedule, but others accused Florida of the same thing last year. NCAA is structured in such a way that BS can make it to the championship based on what the BCS voters perceive to be the cupcake schedule (Toledo, Wyoming) as long as the other contenders for the top spot (Florida-Alabama, Alabama-Auburn, Texas-Nebraska, Texas-Oklahoma) beat each other up.

I do agree that BS does not belong in the same class as the traditional powers, and neither does TCU, and certainly not Cincinnati, but we will have to suffer through another year of those crap teams making it into the conversation.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
i put tcu, cincy, and boise all n the same category, they r all cupcake teams n cupcake divisions, and we showed cincy why they dont go to the nat title game in the sugar bowl. nobody wants to see a onsided blowout in the nat title game.(unless its the gators haha)...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema