• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Brandon Spikes vs. Wilbur Marshall

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Wilbur Marshall is arguably the best linebacker in UF history. I was curious about how Brandon Spikes stacks up to Marshall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Spikes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilber_Marshall

Marshall was more of a pass rusher, he had 23 sacks at Florida. But both are comparable in their tackle numbers. Both are two-time All Americans, but Marshall was named Defensive Player of the Year. Spikes also has two national championships ...

How do you think the two compare? Could we one day see Spikes name in the ring of honor alongside Marshall ?

nismodrift

VIP Member
definitely both are great and spikes will be alongside marshall in the ring of honor, but in different aspects it all depends on what's more valuable what player does as an individual or as a team player. Marshall was a team leader and everything but he mostly carried the defense on his back and racked up stats, Spikes is more of a better leader doesn't have all those stats even though tackles is comparable and helps lead a defense to 2 national championships and soon a 3rd one hopefully. but eitherway both have there strengths and weaknesses but I personally like spikes more cuz hes more in my time frame I didnt become a gator fan til 2001 and anyways marshall is from the 80s

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I know Marshall had a good NFL career with Da Bears a part of the QB killing 46 D and Washington. Honestly I don't know I think Spikes would be a good NFL LB who knows?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema