• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Billy kicks Gators out of Practice!!

sammy

VIP Member
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7923570?MSNHPHMA

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - When the Florida Gators lost in the first round of the Southeastern Conference tournament, they knew it knocked them out of the NCAA tournament field.

They had no idea it also would get them kicked out of their practice facility.

Coach Billy Donovan, feeling like his players had settled into a state of complacency and entitlement, banned them from Florida's $12 million facility. He also told them they couldn't wear any Florida attire.

"Probably in some respects the confetti is still falling down around them," Donovan said Monday. "When you have great success like we've had, I think it's very, very easy to become complacent and to lose sight of how good things are around here and to have an attitude of, 'I'm at Florida. This is just what's going to happen."'

ReelGatorDoc

Gator Fan
Billy is shaking the trees.........nothing to loose. Get it together or move on.

He will be doing his hardest coaching now....:hammer:

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
i can tell Billy is really mad about how the season is turned out... i know he will be working the team extra hard in the NIT and next year to recover our reputation

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Good maybe, he can get Tebow, Harvin (or Rainey or Murphy), and Ingram to play for him. Meyer should have done the same thing with the Defense.

I was going to post this. I'm going to talk to nick calathes and alex tyus today in a little bit and I want to see what they are going to say about it ha, talk to speights today about it.

I really think the Orlando Magic/Billy Donovan ordeal turned out to be a huge distraction overall. Billy found himself distracted in the offseason, and I think some of his players lost trust in him.

flgatorgirl

VIP Member
If it will make them get motivated and get their head in the game, then more power to him. Maybe this is just what they need.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Good maybe, he can get Tebow, Harvin (or Rainey or Murphy), and Ingram to play for him. Meyer should have done the same thing with the Defense.

Meyer did in fact make our guys "earn their way" back into the locker room during his first year at UF back in 2005. I agree with what Billy did; if it was necessary to try and motivate our players to clean up their act and play at the level they're capable of more power to him.

LeeAndrew

Gator Fan
Looks like this is working so far. Florida wins in blowouts in the first two rounds of the NIT. It sucks not to be in the NCAA but a NIT win would be a good sign for next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema