• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Biggest Rival Poll

UF's Biggest Rival

• Florida State

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Georgia

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Tennessee

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FGfan2150

Gator Fan
I voted Florida State, mostly because they are located near eachother. It's kind of like Boston College and Umass. Two big rivalries.

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
I voted Tennessee, only becuz there in our on division, and usually it's between us and them who wins the east, although I coulda picked georgia, FSU or LSU but I seriously think tenn is our biggest, AND as of late, it seems OSU is starting to become a rival, so add them next time ;)

dawgystyle

Gator Fan
I voted Tennessee, only becuz there in our on division, and usually it's between us and them who wins the east, although I coulda picked georgia, FSU or LSU but I seriously think tenn is our biggest, AND as of late, it seems OSU is starting to become a rival, so add them next time ;)
between uf and ut for the east? its actually usually between UGA and ut for the east here lately, the winner of that game has went to the seccg something like 6 of the last 7 years!

flgatorgirl

VIP Member
I voted UGA because I just don't like them. I agree, if OSU was up there, I would have picked it just because of their fans. I can't stand their fans. cough IMAKESEVERALGOOD or whatever his name is now cough

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
FSU, but UGA would be a close second. No team runs their mouth as much as FSU does. Also, no team plays as dirty as FSU does.

Tigers1996

Gator Fan
While Florida State is the closest rival. The Georgia rivalry has been the most competive the longest. I also concur that Ohio State is fast becoming a rival.

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
between uf and ut for the east? its actually usually between UGA and ut for the east here lately, the winner of that game has went to the seccg something like 6 of the last 7 years!

* denotes tie-break winner and subsequent division representative

1992---florida* georgia
1993--florida
1994- florida
1996--florida
1999--florida
2000--florida
2006--florida

All times Florida has won the East!!

Georgia--4 times 1 being beat by tenn in 2007 so actually, who rules the EAST???????????????????????????? FLORIDA GATORS!!!!!;)

Leakfan12

VIP Member
While Florida State is the closest rival. The Georgia rivalry has been the most competive the longest. I also concur that Ohio State is fast becoming a rival.

Especially considering that the Gators keep facing them in title game. OSU is lucky is Gators team lost to Umass otherwise the NIT title would have been the Gators.

dawgystyle

Gator Fan
* denotes tie-break winner and subsequent division representative

1992---florida* georgia
1993--florida
1994- florida
1996--florida
1999--florida
2000--florida
2006--florida

All times Florida has won the East!!

Georgia--4 times 1 being beat by tenn in 2007 so actually, who rules the EAST???????????????????????????? FLORIDA GATORS!!!!!;)
yea florida won it alot in the 90's when UGA was down but this is the 21st century and florida has only won the east 1 time in the last 7 years. Alabama won alot too back in the day but it doesnt really matter in todays sports world!

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
Hey it's all good ;) not trying to start a gator/ bulldog war BUT your right florida has only won it 1 time and went on to win the national championship where they wasn't even suppose to be there, so the "media" says, OSU was suppose to rub our faces in the field, but as you already know, that didn't happen. And another thing that your right on, this is the 21st century things change, but one thing that georgia needs to remember, The gators are getting better and better, I hardly think you'll see the same team you saw last year ;) and just a reminder, it's been 2 years since florida won the national title, georgia 28 yrs thats a heck of drout there.[COLOR]

dawgystyle

Gator Fan
The gators are getting better and better, I hardly think you'll see the same team you saw last year ;) and just a reminder, it's been 2 years since florida won the national title, georgia 28 yrs thats a heck of drout there.[COLOR]

well going from a national championship year to 9-4 isn't exactly what I would call getting better, but hey what do I know right? yes it has been a while since UGA won the MNC but what does that have to do with our discussion on who wins the east? the only thing that tells me is that UGA has been the more consistanly good program with UF coming in every so often and having a really good team every once and a while.

J-ville Gator

VIP Member
Well let's see here dog re: you're comment about "winning a MNC then going 9-4". D-line had one returning starter (Harvey), One Linebacker (Spikes), One safety (Joiner) and no cornerbacks. that's 3 starters on the defense that returned.

Everyone else had either never played that position (Haden), were freshmen or saw very limited action the previous year.

There is NO school that could survive losing that much on defense and not miss a beat, NO ONE!!

Even with the lack of experience on the defense last year we were one game from winning the East, those are the breaks. Even in the ZOOK years, we were tied for the East with UT, they were ranked higher and therefor they went.

We (UF) aren't going anywhere. The players we have on roster are very close to Southern Cal. UF WILL be the team to beat in the East as long as Meyer is at the helm. We already have THE best offense nationally and the defense will win games for us this year, that I'm positive of.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema