• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Biggest Gator Fan !

BILLAGATOR

Gator Fan
There Are Allot Of Gator Fans In The World, But I Believe That I'm The Biggest Of Them All! Anyone Care To Correct Me On This Issue! I Wanna Hear What You Have To Say... Show Me You Are More Of A Diehard Fan Than The Billagator... I'm Open For All Comers ....lolol

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
well, here's a shot: :)
My son and I are the biggest Gator fans I know! I had him my sophomore year, and he grew up on campus at UF (at the kindercare near Fraternity Row). He went to games with me in the student section.
We're not rich, so can't afford all games, but we go to every game I can get tickets to, spend (via credit card) WAY more on Gator Goodies at the Hub/Bookstore than I can afford - lol!
I married a man who was a seminole fan and now he wears Orange and Blue! Even to church - and he's the asst. pastor!
When we have to watch games at home, it's the biggest event on the block and everyone knows who's winning or losing.
When it was time to buy a car,I bought a Gator Blue Kia Sportage and have it trimmed with all sorts of orange and Gator stuff.
On Sundays, to church, I wear orange and blue if we win and black if we don't (imagine how much black I wore when zooks was the coach) - (and I play the piano at our church, and am on the platform, so everyone sees me every week!).
My hallway is a Gator shrine - I have my diploma framed on the wall, and my bookcase covered with all my Gator goodies... including a program from almost every game we've gone to.
I love the University of Florida, I talk about it ALL the time every day, have my office decorated in orange and blue (work with an OSU grad- this was a great year!), I DREAM about it sometimes (kinda scary - lol), I think I'm the biggest fan! And Matthew is a close second (by the way, he gets to go to Gator Football camp next week, THRILLING! )
okay, who's next?

greggcowan

VIP Member
A Gator Nation

OK.... let me try to put a different twist on being the biggest Gator fan.....

There is one thing that I have that is unique to most of the fans on this site.....Geography. I am from wetern PA. I wasn't brought up caudled in Gator spirit. My childhood sports upbringing was pasted with the great Dan Marino, Linebacker U, Joe-pa and so on. In addition, I come from a family of Notre Dame fanatics including a brother who went to school there.

About 15 years ago I started following the Gators. In all honesty I can't even remember what attracted me to them. In the time since my dedication to the Orange and blue has become an addiction. My point? Being from the North where teams like UF, Miami and FSU are really an afterthought I have come to find that "The Gator Nation" is a very real thing. A very real thing that I am so proud and honored to be a part of.

Some say the essence of being a sports fan is the age old tradition of "my town is better than yours." and that is very much true. But as I have spent many years now bellowing to my neighbors for all intents and purposes..."Their town is better than ours"...... I have come to realize something special. Though I have never (yet) set foot in the swamp, though I haven't visited the state of Florida since my parrents took me to Disney when I was 12, though I own a four wheel drive not because it's "hip" , but because I dmned well need it from November until April.......... In my heart Gainsville is my town....And you...the Gator Nation has welcomed me with no interest in checking my drivers liscense. And I thank you all for your welcome.

They say it takes a village to raise a child, I say it takes a "Nation" to raise a fan. I haven't come to feel like I am one of you.... I am one of you through and through.

Yes,,,, I have a Gator Tatoo on my leg.
Yes,,,, My home is plastered with Gator memorabilia.
Yes,,,, when I dust the snow (snow is this white frozen substance that falls from the sky in the north..LOL!) from my car everyone can see my UF liscense plate, tire cover and window stickers.

That is all just window dressing.......

One evening here with just my son left awake I watched as the likes of Dallas Baker and Chris Leak held that crystal football high and it choked me up. For all they had gone through in their time at UF, they had reached the top of the mountain. And so had I. I watched as Tim Tebow and Percey Harvin celebrated and I smiled at the thoughts of things to come. Already the hunger in their eyes. It was in my eyes as well. And then I watched the gator Nation there in the stadium in tears and in delirium. I began to think "look how happy THEY are." and I realized......

They weren't strangers from a state far away. They were my brothers and sisters.... I've never met a single one of them but I know them all. I know just what they were thinking, I know just what they were feeling.

I Love the orange and blue,
I love the mighty Gators,
but most of all...............
I love all of you. My brothers and sisters, the Gator Nation. You are my family.

And that's what makes me the biggest fan on the plannet. I am a fan of "You, the Gator Nation."

BILLAGATOR

Gator Fan
Hell Yeah! We All Here At Gator Nation Welcome You With Open Arms, And You Are One Of Us... And It Is True Once A Gator , Always A Gator... I'm Glad That There Is Someone Else Out There Who Shares The Same Passion That I Do... And Every Year It Gets Stronger And Stronger.. And I Don't Ever See It Letting Up.. Hell Yes I'm Proud To Be A Gator... Know What I Mean .. Keep In Touch.... Billagator

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema