• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Beyond the arc: 3 observations following UF’s 84-52 win over Oklahoma

News Bot

News Bot
Some observations following UF’s 84-52 win at Oklahoma in the SEC-Big 12 Challenge:

— Two games ago, Florida coach Mike White made an adjustment by not automatically going with his starters to start the second half. The move worked against LSU and it worked again against Oklahoma, with the Gators going on a 7-0 run to start the second. Canyon Barry was in for Devin Robinson to start the second half, while Kevarrius Hayes was in for John Egbunu. “I told them, ‘let’s not have any drama about this, guys. I don’t care if you have 25 points at halftime, if you’re not playing with the same intensity and rebounding energy as the guy who is competing with for minutes, you’re not starting the second half. I don’t care,’” White said. “The last two games, we started our energy guys in the second half. I don’t know if it’ll work the next one, but it’s worked out in the last couple.”

— Florida sophomore center Kevarrius Hayes is starting to figure out if he runs the floor hard, he can beat opposing big men down the floor for easy baskets. Hayes was a former 400-meter standout at Live Oak High School. “I feel like that’s what I usually do, run hard and do the little things to help,” Hayes said. “If I run hard, I may be able to take an extra man with me and get a guard open.”

— Lost in the scoring of Hayes and Barry was the fact that Florida senior point guard Kasey Hill played his best game in close to three weeks. Hill was able to use his speed effectively to finish plays in the second half, finishing with 12 points and eight assists and an assist-to-turnover ratio of 8 to 1. Certainly, Florida fans would like to see the “good” Hill moving forward.

The post Beyond the arc: 3 observations following UF’s 84-52 win over Oklahoma appeared first on Hoops Scoop.

Source: GatorSports.com - Hoops Scoop

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema