• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Best Floirda QB ever?

sbq80

VIP Member
Wuerfful hands down #1
Grossman
Spurrier
Leak
Wuerfful is one of the top QB's to ever play D1 football

sbq80

VIP Member
If Tebow wins another NC there's no doubt who it is.
The Gators as a team won a NC with Tebow on that team, but the QB of that team was Leak not Tebow.
Taking nothing away from him, he has the potential to win two Heismans but give Leak what is due him he was the QB

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
The Gators as a team won a NC with Tebow on that team, but the QB of that team was Leak not Tebow.
Taking nothing away from him, he has the potential to win two Heismans but give Leak what is due him he was the QB

but Tebow was a huge part of why we went to the NC in the first place, so its not like he won a NC sitting on the bench... so adding another one to his belt will make him one of the greatest

awebbf5

VIP Member
wuerffull no doubt about it.His numbers were nasty
then grossman he should have won the heisman,crouch didnt deserve it.
Leak was ok but never turned into the hype he was built up to be.

sbq80

VIP Member
Leak was ok but never turned into the hype he was built up to be.

Leak was recruited & committed to UF by Spurrier, than he left, Leak stayed, could have left but chose to stay, than was stuck/screwed in the Zook system years, along came Meyer, Leak is not "built" for a spread option style "O" he is a 'fun & gun' style of QB so his 1st year with Meyer was not so great but had great success for UF & himself last year.
Leak wins a Heisman if he played 4 years under Spurrier, IMO

timbok

VIP Member
Grossman & Leak,such good college QBS,but when they head to the pro's they struggle..such a shame.

By the time Tebow is done,he will atleast be in the top 4

sbq80

VIP Member
Grossman & Leak,such good college QBS,but when they head to the pro's they struggle..such a shame.

Agreed.
There are a lot of GREAT college football players that are just that GREAT college football players, nothing more.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Leak's college numbers were NASTY. I think he owns almost every UF passing record there is.

Just one thing though... Danny has the 4 SEC titles. Leak doesn't.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Right now, the best Florida Quarterback ever was Danny Wuerffel. He has the most Touchdown passes by far ever at UF, won 4 Sec Championships and 1 National Championships. But it is my belief, no matter how dumb it may sound, that Timmy Tebow will be the greatest Quarterback ever at UF by the time he is done. And he may just pass Danny and every other D-Ia player ever in total Touchdowns (passing, rushing).:Banane37:

sbq80

VIP Member
Leak's college numbers were NASTY. I think he owns almost every UF passing record there is.

Spurrier knew what he was doing when he went after Leak.
Would have been interesting if Spurrier would have gone to USC after leaving UF, instead of the NFL, if Leak & any other incoming FR would have followed him.

I agree with GG8 that Leak's #'s were awesome and I think he should be in the top 4 at worst. Rex was at UF at the wrong time (should've won more, but other circumstances didn't let that happen). Danny is the top COLLEGE QB for UF unless Tebow wins another NC. No matter what - Danny is the BA with SOS IMO at this point.

So, I guess that means...
1. Danny (1st championship)
2. SOS (put us on the map)
3. Leak (2nd championship)
4. Rex (great talent that didn't have the right coaches)
5. Tebow (for now - easily could rise much higher)

Just my opinion at this point, and that could easily change depending on Tebow's success.

Pro is totally different!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema