• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Beatdown in Baton Rouge?

News Bot

News Bot
All the talk out of Louisiana about the Gators ducking the Tigers on Oct. 8 and now being scared to go to Baton Route because they’re so beat up is nonsense. Had the game been played on the original date, in The Swamp, I think the Gators would have come away with a victory and now would be all set to go to Atlanta as the SEC East champions.

Florida has a puncher’s chance Saturday, but it’s going to take one stunning blow to knock out the Tigers, who seem to think they’re going to toy with the wounded Gators and more or less name their score.

If the Gators weren’t missing at least seven starters, I think they’d be able to hang with the Tigers and stay within striking distance heading into the fourth quarter. With so many guys out, I think the outcome will be known much sooner than that.

It’s hard to imagine the defense slowing down those two tailbacks — Leonard Fournette and Derrius Guice — with starting linebacker Jarrad Davis and Alex Anzalone out. David Reese, Kylan Johnson and Vosean Joseph played well in the win over South Carolina, but this is a whole different animal they will be facing in Death Valley.

I’m sure the Gators will load the box with seven and eight defenders to stop the run, then hope the secondary can hold up in man-to-man coverage, something the back end guys failed to do in last year’s 35-28 loss.

On the other side of the ball, the Florida offense has to find a way to win first down with some quick passes and creative play-calling. If they lose the down and are in a bunch of second-and-longs and third-and-longs, it’s going to get really ugly for Austin Appleby.

I see the Gators hanging in there for a half, but eventually losing control of things in a decisive third quarter.

Prediction: LSU 28, Florida 6

The post Beatdown in Baton Rouge? appeared first on Robbies Playbook.

Source: GatorSports.com - Robbie's Playbook

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema