• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Basketball program prestige ranking.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I don't know if anyone else has been reading EPSN's countdown of all the college basketball programs.

The countdown is based on each team's prestige factor.

The Gators were ranked 21st by the WWL. Here's their write-up:

21. FLORIDA GATORS, SEC

Positives: 2 national titles (2006, '07); 4 Final Fours; 14 NCAA berths; 14 20-win seasons; 5 NBA top-10 picks

Negatives: 5 losing seasons; 3 SEC tourney titles; loss to 12th-seeded Creighton (in 2OT) in 2002, loss to 12th-seeded Manhattan in 2004

Total points: 178

Did you know? Despite winning back-to-back titles in 2006 and 2007, the Gators still don't make our Top 20. Why? From the 1984-85 season until 1997-98, Florida had more losing seasons (five) than 20-win ones (four). Having Kentucky in your conference definitely takes away from your chances at conference glory, too. Failing to advance beyond the first weekend of the NCAA tourney under Billy Donovan from 2001 to 2005 also hurt the Gators.

sammy

VIP Member
I don't agree with that ranking. 5 losing seasons in the last 24 years isn't that bad. Florida is a premier program in the NCAA. They should be borderline top 10.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I think the WWL has lost their collective minds. They have teams like Temple, Cincinnati, Xavier, Arkansas and Oklahoma ahead of the Gators.

If you add up the titles from all those teams you get.......1.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Over the last 3 years it's no contest, despite missing the Tourney last season. As I like to say, 'What have you done for me lately?':mad0235:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema