• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

At Least We're Not Texas

The Zooker

VIP Member
See that loss to Baylor? 30-22. Ouch. I'll take losses to Bama, LSU, and MSU over losses to Oklahoma, UCLA, Iowa State, and Baylor any day.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Since I live in Texas, I am going to have the best day at the office on Monday. Now if the Cowboys can lose against Jacksonville, I can really dig into these people. Texans are so friggin' annoying when they gloat. I never gloat when the Gators win, yet these people have no compunction about gloating on a win and whining at a loss.

Note: I predicted the entire BCS game with Texas and Alabama, from the Texas beatdown to the injury to McCoy. That shut these guys up until the Gators lost three in a row. Now I have some ammo on them, at least until our next loss.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Since I live in Texas, I am going to have the best day at the office on Monday. Now if the Cowboys can lose against Jacksonville, I can really dig into these people. Texans are so friggin' annoying when they gloat. I never gloat when the Gators win, yet these people have no compunction about gloating on a win and whining at a loss.

Note: I predicted the entire BCS game with Texas and Alabama, from the Texas beatdown to the injury to McCoy. That shut these guys up until the Gators lost three in a row. Now I have some ammo on them, at least until our next loss.

THAT, only more so for me here in Austin. I'm rooting for the Giants in the World Series, too. These arrogant yahoos have made me this way. (Like you, I NEVER gloated when the Gators were riding high--I commiserated with their tough losses, tried to be gracious--but you know how it is here; they take all that as GIVEN, we all just secretly want to be Texans, doncha kno'? I have waited, CAN'T WAIT for the day we finally can BEAT THEIR ASSES in a Nat'l Championship Game...)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Another team that's suppose to be better than it is. Maybe they should put Colt's brother as QB.

Around here, they've been talking about that as a "done deal" since the first loss this season.

Escambia94

THAT, only more so for me here in Austin. I'm rooting for the Giants in the World Series, too. These arrogant yahoos have made me this way. (Like you, I NEVER gloated when the Gators were riding high--I commiserated with their tough losses, tried to be gracious--but you know how it is here; they take all that as GIVEN, we all just secretly want to be Texans, doncha kno'? I have waited, CAN'T WAIT for the day we finally can BEAT THEIR ASSES in a Nat'l Championship Game...)

I'm in San Antonio. I did not realize you were in Austin until now. I am also rooting for the Giants, and anyone playing the Cowboys.

Two more years until the military can move me back east closer to home.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm in San Antonio. I did not realize you were in Austin until now. I am also rooting for the Giants, and anyone playing the Cowboys.

Two more years until the military can move me back east closer to home.

I hear ya, Bro' (Ex-Army myself). And oh yeah, I AM enjoying "dem 'Boys"'s demise this season.
Fortunately, Austin has other virtues that make it quite livable...I still miss Fla., all the more so each
Fall; even in a down year like this (maybe ESPECIALLY in "a down year like this"!) I'd like to be on the scene, feeling the pulse, the mood, and adding my own voice.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They've got the Aggies, for one--that's like us and FSU--and like us, they've been dominating their cross-state rival the last few years, but A&M is the stronger team this year; you think they're not salivating over there in College Station?
I suppose the 'Noles were feeling that way a couple of weeks ago, but it's all slipping thru' their fingers now. Still, beating us may be all they have to party about by the time we play them (although like us, somehow they STILL have a shot at their conference Championship). Another one to "wait 'til we get to it", I guess...

Escambia94

Well, it's nice to get some perspective. The "big three" football programs--Florida, Texas, and USC--are all having down years, but one of us will be in a bowl game and without NCAA sanctions. Not bad.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, it's nice to get some perspective. The "big three" football programs--Florida, Texas, and USC--are all having down years, but one of us will be in a bowl game and without NCAA sanctions. Not bad.

Wow, you've really got this "finding-the-silver-lining"-thing DOWN, man...Still, better not to find ourselves in that sort of company, searching for that kind of consolation in the first place, no?
Anyway, to be honest, I am a LOT more excited about the outcome of this last regular-season rivalry game than I'm likely to be about whatever also-ran-bowl game we end up playing in--where the main consideration is that we get another month of meaningful preparation PLUS the pre-game practice routine leading up to it. NOT having that is a significant loss, a real disadvantage heading into the spring.

Escambia94

Wow, you've really got this "finding-the-silver-lining"-thing DOWN, man...Still, better not to find ourselves in that sort of company, searching for that kind of consolation in the first place, no?
Anyway, to be honest, I am a LOT more excited about the outcome of this last regular-season rivalry game than I'm likely to be about whatever also-ran-bowl game we end up playing in--where the main consideration is that we get another month of meaningful preparation PLUS the pre-game practice routine leading up to it. NOT having that is a significant loss, a real disadvantage heading into the spring.

It's all about survival for me. Do I like this 2010 year? Heck no! Am I pissed off at the Dazzler? Heck yes! Am I disappointed in Brantley? Heck yes! Do I think we can recover from this? (Chugs another beer....) Maybe. It can't be that bad. (Chugs down some Jack Daniel...) I mean, 7-5 is not that bad in the grand scheme of college football. (Snorts some crack...) Maybe the Dazzler will surprise us next year.

In all seriousness I want to panic like it's 1988 (four losses in a row, loss to FSU) or 1989 (four regular season losses, loss to FSU) but keep in mind that it took a scandal for us to ditch Galen Hall and his staff. There were very few, if any, holdovers from the Hall Era to the Spurrier Era. History tells me that we cannot cut loose Addazio without cutting loose Meyer unless Addazio himself gets into legal trouble. That is our reality, so I have learned to face it and embrace it.

Texas is hurting because Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Baylor, Boise State, and others are poaching on Texas' recruiting base. We will follow the same fate unless we can beat Florida State, and not lose any more to Miami on those rare occasions we play them.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I guess I'm going to have to "let it be" for now. I follow and understand your rationale, and just can't find any hope in Addazio remaining in that pivotal role; the ONE hope I cling to is that he WON'T be in that position by next year. With him out of the way this slide is reversed: we're on our way back to the top next season and THERE by 2012. He stays, the downward spiral accelerates leading to a big, messy breakup and maybe five years of confusion, reorganization and rebuilding before we're back.
I'm sorry; that's how I see it. Wish I didn't; it's not much to grab onto. So, having said it, I suppose I should cool it, not belabor the point, leave my fellow Gators with their own hopes intact. It's a lesson I'm still grappling with: sometimes "the truth" is over-rated.

Escambia94

There is hope that UM finds a nice way to help out SA, but it would require UM to a) promote Azzanni b) find an OC with similar offense philosophy that can act as co-coordinator or c) Foley intervention. Any of these is possible, but I have seen nothing to lead us to believe any will happen. Next best scenario is Azzanni/Loeffler behind the scenes. That is the most likely, but it leaves room for the Dazzler to get jealous and take back control from time to time unless UM asserts otherwise.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Can't say I find any holes in your logic (Oof! --the sound of me taking another emotional-"body blow").

robdog

Gator Fan
Definitely glad we are not Texas. They are going to have a rough off-season restructuring a few things. They are going to be rebuilding for a number of years.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The word here in Austin is that Mack is in the process of making them the pro-set/power-run team he has always secretly coveted for Big 12 domination--and you're right: they've got a ways to go, a number of recruits and restructuring-steps to be accomplished before they're back on track.
On the other hand, at least he has a plan and clear goals, so the team presumably knows where it's headed.
Can WE say the same?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema