• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

As expected, Robert Prince promoted to OC of Boise State

News Bot

News Bot
It didn’t take long for Boise State to find a replacement for now-former offensive coordinator Brent Pease, who officially became Florida’s offensive coordinator today, replacing Charlie Weis. Probably because coach Chris Petersen knew all along who he wanted to replace Pease should he leave. As expected, Boise State announced today that wide receivers coach Robert Prince would…
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

bchampy

Gator Fan
And the offense will roll on. Petersen is the architect that hand chooses his implementers. I hope this Pease thing works out.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And the offense will roll on. Petersen is the architect that hand chooses his implementers. I hope this Pease thing works out.
It already IS. Though his real impact will of course begin this spring when he gets to work with the offense, and even his reported recruiting prowess wasn't expected to have much impact until NEXT time around, he hit the ground running and has single-handedly brought in Mornhinweg ("stealing" him right out from under Penn St.) AND connected us to 2 other off-the-radar QB "late-bloomers", one of whom we may very well end up also bringing in. He's also been out there meeting and talking with some of the prospective recruits we're still after on offense, by all accounts reassuring them that nothing's been lost with Weis' leaving and in general putting them at ease. Muschamp likes him too, connects with him more naturally than he ever did with Weis, according to those close to the program.
All good signs--and even some concrete benefits--but the results on the field (and the scoreboard!) are what count in the end, of course. We're going to be really young on offense in 2012, but that doesn't mean we can't do some damage--and certainly we can significantly improve on last season. We'll rely primarily on defense (and special teams?) to win our share of close games inside the Conference, but I expect Pease to oversee an improved, more balanced offense that if healthy gets better and better as the season goes on; I expect at minimum to see an offense that gets some points, burns some clock, and doesn't LOSE games for us.
(Oh, and btw: Look out for us in 2013...we should be coming into our own as a rolling juggernaut by then. Go Gators!!!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema