• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Are we all really all that surprised?

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
We knew coming into this year the our OC was going to be the same as last year. We saw last year that it was 10 plays per game. (the same 10 plays) This held true until the loss with Alabama.

Then the Sugar Bowl arrived and we saw a completely different team, offense, and obviously result.

Why the team/coaches have decided to revert back to the same 10 plays so far this year is very mind numbing.

There was one series where the same play was called 3 out of 4 plays. Even the announcers were saying that the coaches but be trying to set something up as it really does not make sense to keep calling the same play.

I really do not expect anything different going forward this year unless there is a coaching change. (which I do not see happening)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I am surprised, and I don't know how I set myself up for disappointment like this. I thought the Sugar Bowl was the answer, the beginning of a new era in the new Urban Meyer. Silly me.

Giantgator

Gator Fan
I am surprised, and I don't know how I set myself up for disappointment like this. I thought the Sugar Bowl was the answer, the beginning of a new era in the new Urban Meyer. Silly me.

I set myself up too. I expected to lose maybe two games this year, but I thought we would look better doing it. I still think we have the talent, but suddenly games that I wasn't worried about losing (GA, SC, FSU) I am now concerned about. I still love my Gators, but man, they'e making it hard on me.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I was okay with losing four games like 2007 and writing this off as a rebuilding year. Even in 2007, we did not look this ugly. We were still heralded as a dangerous team even in our losses. This year we are mocked, bamboozled, and downright embarrassed. I posted this somewhere else, but in '07 we lost 17-20 to Auburn (not bad), 24-28 LSU (still not bad), and 30-42 (okay, that one hurt), and 35-41 to Michigan (don't care...loser bowl). Despite those losses, our offense and defense ranked pretty high against the other 120-ish teams. This year, we may ranked about 90 or so in offense, 50 or so in defense against 120-ish teams, and we will set the record for most bloopers on ESPN. That's not cool. It's okay to lose, but never okay to look like losers.

ShortBus

VIP Member
I was okay with losing four games like 2007 and writing this off as a rebuilding year. Even in 2007, we did not look this ugly. We were still heralded as a dangerous team even in our losses. This year we are mocked, bamboozled, and downright embarrassed. I posted this somewhere else, but in '07 we lost 17-20 to Auburn (not bad), 24-28 LSU (still not bad), and 30-42 (okay, that one hurt), and 35-41 to Michigan (don't care...loser bowl). Despite those losses, our offense and defense ranked pretty high against the other 120-ish teams. This year, we may ranked about 90 or so in offense, 50 or so in defense against 120-ish teams, and we will set the record for most bloopers on ESPN. That's not cool. It's okay to lose, but never okay to look like losers.

couldn't have said it better my self.. everyone is telling me to quit whining over a few losses and that we've had our hay day and blah blah blah. my response is the losing doesn't bother me, not one bit. it's having the talent and athletes to win, and getting our asses handed to us and looking like clowns the whole time, when that's not the kind of players we have on our team.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholeJaX