• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

AP confirms the rumor!

G8RB8R

VIP Member
AP confirms the rumor! Muschamp the new Head Ball Coach

Texas defensive coordinator Will Muschamp is new Florida coach - Campus Rivalry: College Football & Basketball News, Recruiting, Game Picks, and More - USATODAY.com

Muschamp, a Georgia native, had originally agreed to be the coach in waiting and resume the head coaching position at Texas when Mack Brown decides to retire.

Muschamp is considered one of the nation's premier defensive coordinators and was a 2007 Broyles Award Finalist (nation's top assistant coach). He joined the Longhorns' after spending the previous two years as defensive coordinator at Auburn.

In his five years as a coordinator at Auburn and LSU, Muschamp's defenses ranked among the nation's top 10 in total defense five times and scoring defense three times, while ranking in the top 15 in scoring defense the other two.

muschampx-large.jpg

awebbf5

VIP Member
At least we got someone who is fired up and wants to win, personally i wanted whittingham but im happy with muschamp, just concerned where he has never been a head coach before. Welcome to Gainesville coach now WIN!

crmixon

Gator Fan
It sounds (from that article) that this is a good hire. Not sure what to think...."Only interviewed on person" said Foley. That concerns me...smacks of panic to offer to the first person you interview.

I'll wait and see before passing final judgement. No matter what he is our coach now and deserves a legitimate chance.

G8RB8R

VIP Member
..."Only interviewed on person" said Foley. That concerns me...smacks of panic to offer to the first person you interview.

First rule of management - never hire the first person you interview. At a minimum, interview no less than 3 people for the position you are looking to fill. You may still hire the first one you interview, but since you are looking to place someone in your organization, and their performance will reflect directly upon you, at least make sure that whomever you select, you have made the wisest decision possible. Isn't this why there are more than 22 players on a football team? You have no less than 3 players at any given position, competing for the one starting spot. Imagine only signing enough players every year to only satisfy the turnover due to graduation. In effect every player that is recruited and signed is applying for just one job/position. The more the better. I reckon that it is good thing that Foley does not recruit!

This goes beyond naive...it reeks of arrogance.

"I may not always be right, but I am never wrong."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema