• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Anybody seen that Roll Tide/War Eagle Doc on ESPN?

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Just wondering though warning it involves Cam Newton and that 2009 season briefly. Though the thing Gator fans and Bama fans can agree is Auburn bought that title with Scam Newton.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
But will that "other shoe" EVER drop? So far, their "deal with the devil" has only paid positively; when does the "Oh, by the way..." begin? With a cowardly, long-since-emasculated NCAA in charge, one starts to wonder, will it happen at ALL? They have a clear preference for going after players for accepting rides from friends, being lent money for a couple of weeks by a roommate to cover rent, that sort of thing--the real HARDcore violations. And what about the supposed criminal investigation? Then, of course, there's that stirring, inspirational message-from-on-high in reaction to calls for some kind of response in the "Penn State Failure": "Uh, the NCAA has no comment on or juristiction in such matters". THAT'S the spirit! Aren't we all just proud to be members, to follow and entrust the future of our sport to this fine, brave and responsible institution?

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Newton and AU doesn't get punish and one of the Gator players misses two games because his HS had to bake sale to help with the trip to an all-star he deserve to play in.

bluemoon22

Gator Fan
Just wondering though warning it involves Cam Newton and that 2009 season briefly. Though the thing Gator fans and Bama fans can agree is Auburn bought that title with Scam Newton.
LOL! I thought it was a decent documentary. Wish they would do one that involved us!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
LOL! I thought it was a decent documentary. Wish they would do one that involved us!
Uh, careful what you wish for...until we write some more "positive history" of our own, say, "the return of the Gators to prominence and elite status under their fiery young coach, Will Muschamp" (I can even see the title: "The Rise and Fall and Rise Again of Florida Football"), I'd just as soon see us remain in the shadows, under-the-radar, whatever you wanna call it, while we quietly (as far as the rest of the world is concerned) replace, revamp, and rebuild EVERYTHING. That's what was required, it turns out, that's what has already begun. When it REALLY gets going, being forgotten and overlooked will be all to the good--we'll make some teams (and the "experts" that dismiss us) look pretty foolish as we "burst suddenly upon the scene" once more, probably giving us some good wins that might have been more difficult had we NOT been taken lightly. I'm guessing that'll be in 2013 (next year I think will be the "reload/transition year" we thought THIS one would be--and might have BEEN, had "Meyer/etc." not quietly screwed things up so badly in so many ways), and those "surprising" wins by "a suddenly resurgent Florida Gator football team" will put us in the hunt for the BCA-Title, at LEAST--and by the year after that, if Muschamp and Co. are able to do what they envision here, we will once again be "The Beast From The East" in the SEC, and the common pick for National Champion for some years to come.
Yeah, those are "Big Dreams", but they are the PLANS of this Coach and the people he has gathered around him, and he is serious and single-minded about them. It is that driving certainty that gives me the hope and confidence to look ahead with some optimism, and makes it possible to move on without dwelling too much on either the specific frustrations of THIS year, OR the general bitterness I feel towards certain folks, and the shallow, selfish and manipulative lack of honor or honesty they displayed in the recent past that PUT us so far behind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema