• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Any concerns going into 2008?

ilovegators

VIP Member
After watching that Bowl game... I'm a lot more concerned about our defense going into 2008. I thought we would be preseason #1 or 2... but after that display I don't think so.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
if we had won, we would be pre-season #1, but now probably #2 behind USC

and my biggest concern is the defensive secondary... it will still be very young, most likely freshman Will Hill, sophomores Joe Haden and Major Wright, and whoever takes the other cornerback spot will have around 2 years under their belt... Anderson (Jr.), Pierre-Louis (Jr.), Rickerson (R So.), or even Manson who will be a redshirt Sr. but has only played corner since this past off-season

our top four LB's are coming back (Spikes, Jones, Doe, Stamper)

D-line should be stronger (even if Harvey leaves) considering the injury problems will be fixed by then, and DT John Brown will be eligible and he will fill the whole left by McMillan... we will be returning Cunningham DE, Dunlap DE, and Trattou who plays both DE and DT

of course we will be strong offensively, with Tebow back, a whole bunch of new RB's, and hopefully we only lose Miller and Medder on the O-line, and we get Trautwein back from injury

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I'll be surprised if we're in the top 3, come preseason polls. USC and UGA will be ahead of us, for sure. Most likely Ohio State (unless they get beat into the ground by LSU) and Oklahoma will be ahead of us, as well. I would say LSU will be ahead of us, but I think they're losing a lot to graduation and the NFL.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
It would be great just to be in the top 10, after the way we played. If we're in the top 10, we won't have too much ground to make up. If the defense doesn't improve though, I don't think we'll even win the SEC EAST.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
It would be great just to be in the top 10, after the way we played. If we're in the top 10, we won't have too much ground to make up. If the defense doesn't improve though, I don't think we'll even win the SEC EAST.

I agree. I think our defense will have to improve most important our pass rush and corner coverage., if not it might been another trip to orlando for the capital one bowl, and we wont win the sec east.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema