• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Andy Staples: Gators hope Tebow can return for LSU; Brantley ready if he can't

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - "Top-ranked Florida received positive news Monday about injured quarterback Tim Tebow, but the Gators are prepared to start backup John Brantley against LSU on Oct. 10 if Tebow isn't ready to play.

Florida coach Urban Meyer said Tebow has performed well in medical tests. Tebow suffered a concussion Saturday against Kentucky after he absorbed a brutal hit that caused his head to bounce off the knee of offensive lineman Marcus Gilbert. Tebow, the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner, hasn't missed a game because of injury in three seasons as Florida's starter.

"He's still got a little bit of a headache, - which I guess is normal - but he feels good," Meyer said. "He's eating well. Other than a little soreness and a headache, that's it."

If Tebow can't go, Florida offensive coordinator Steve Addazio said redshirt sophomore John Brantley would be ready to take over the offense. "He's got a good grasp of the whole offense," Addazio said. "He's been here. He knows what he's doing. He can run the whole offense."

Brantley said he hopes Tebow recovers in time to face the Tigers, but the backup understands he may have to step in and play. "I've considered it a little bit, I guess," Brantley said. "I'm just going to prepare like I do every week."

Read more here: http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/from_scrimmage/posts/79161-gators-hope-tebow-can-return-for-lsu-brantley-ready-if-he-cant?eref=fromSI

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
I think the best thing to do is to keep everyone guessing, especially lsu.
They would have to prepare for two different offenses, one led by Brantley, one led by Tebow.

Gretzky_99

Gator Fan
Very true MaxFahn.. two completely different offense looks with two different quarterbacks.

Maybe Meyer should show Brantley Remember The Titans as motivation, when Rev gets knocked out and "Sunshine" Ronny Bass comes in off the bench...

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Very true MaxFahn.. two completely different offense looks with two different quarterbacks.

Maybe Meyer should show Brantley Remember The Titans as motivation, when Rev gets knocked out and "Sunshine" Ronny Bass comes in off the bench...

The line where Denzel told told Sunshine that of 11 siblings he was the youngest one and they up to him to lead. Then after Sunshine entered the game his assiantant said you had 11, Denzel reply he had 8, and the other guy said 11 sound better.

Gretzky_99

Gator Fan
The line where Denzel told told Sunshine that of 11 siblings he was the youngest one and they up to him to lead. Then after Sunshine entered the game his assiantant said you had 11, Denzel reply he had 8, and the other guy said 11 sound better.

You're the colonel, you're going to command your troops! Twins right 48 zero read! Go!!

Love this movie!!

What are you?
Mobile! Agile! Hostile!
What is Pain?
French Bread!
What is fatigue?
Army Clothes!
Will you ever quit?
No! We want some mo', we want some mo', we want some mo'!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema