• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

And, The 2010 Heisman Trophy Winner Is....

G8RB8R

VIP Member
Remember, you heard it here first! LOL

camiama.jpg

G8RB8R

VIP Member
Amazing that one player, like Newton, can have such an impact on a football team.

2008, AU was 5-7. 2009, AU was 8-5. Until Newton appeared all of a sudden, the prospect of remaining as a mediocre team was pretty good. Enter Newton, and he is such a force to be reckoned with, that single-handedly, he is carrying that team to the national championship.

Imagine that, Cam as a Gator, would not have won because of Addazio, Cam would have won in spite of Addazio, and, as a result, Addazio would now be the hot commodity in college football.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gaaaaa!!! It's all so sick and twisted and convoluted, even I'm confused as to how I should feel about any of it! What ever happened to good old fashioned "sour grapes"? Now I can't even be sure if we missed out or dodged another Addazio-related bullet.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
There is more to the story. Cam is a tremendous athlete, but he was floundering at Florida...before Addazio was the guy. He just didn't fit our "complex" offense. That time at Blinn College humbled him and got him to re-energize his work ethic, sort of like prison reform. This does not mean I believe Cam is not a crook, but I do believe he would not have found that work ethic at Florida and would not be a superstar. He just didn't fit, and he didn't work hard enough. Heck, he couldn't beat out John Brantley in an offense that was perfect for him.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Good point--but it's all STILL too tangled a web for me to "grock".
"Just turn your back and walk way..." seems the calmest, cleanest path.
It'll all come out in "the wash". We hope. Or fear, as the case may be. "Still walkin'..."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema