• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Alex Tyus Will Submit Name to NBA Draft

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Florida Gators Men's Basketball junior forward will submit his name into the NBA Draft. By submitting his name into the draft without hiring an agent, he will still maintain his NCAA eligibility should he decide to withdraw his name at a later date. Basically this lets Tyus get a feel of where he might be drafted - if he's a projected first rounder, I'd expect him to leave for the NBA.

Tyus is coming off a pretty good season where he averaged 11.8 points per game and 6.9 rebounds per game. He got a lot more playing time this season at the forward position. Remember, after the 2009 season Tyus talked about transferring because he didn't want to play Center anymore at Florida. Now I guess he feels he's done all he can do at the college level. Tyus spoke with the Gainesville Sun and said:

"Mainly, I just want to see where I stand," Tyus told The Sun on Wednesday. "I want to go through the process, getting a chance to meet some teams, working out against other players, trying to get better."

Tyus is listed at 6'8" 220 lbs, so he definitely has the size of a NBA player... I'm just not sure he's ready yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema