• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Alaskan Born Gator

AK Gator

Gator Fan
Hello everybody! Obviously I just joined the boards so I'm here to introduce myself. I'm a member of a couple of other message boards around the net, but this is the first Gator board I've ever joined. Like the title mentions I am from Alaska. I was born and raised in Anchorage and Wasilla and moved down to Gainesville in August of 2004. Both of my brothers went to UF and my oldest brother also graduated from UF Med school, so when I graduated high school there wasn't anywhere else that seemed quite as appealing as Gainesville.

I took two years off before starting school at Santa Fe (UF's younger sibling) and after earning my AA and playing a fun game with UF admissions during the big budget cuts I was finally welcomed into the Gator Nation for Spring semester of 2010. I'm absolutely thrilled to be here and I can't wait to see what the next year or two on campus have in store for me.

I live in town with my girlfriend, who will be graduating from UF in August, and my 5 year old Miniature Dachshund Gonzo. I don't know where life will take us after I'm done at UF, but in the mean time I'm pretty content to be at UF and to enjoy what Gainesville has to offer. I'm looking forward to coming around here from time to time and getting to know some more of my fellow Gators!

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Congratulations on getting accepted into UF this past Spring. The Gator Nation welcomes you! All of people go the Santa Fe route - one of my best buddies and roommate in college went to Santa Fe then transfer to UF and he is now a pharmacist. So what are you studying?

AK Gator

Gator Fan
Congratulations on getting accepted into UF this past Spring. The Gator Nation welcomes you! All of people go the Santa Fe route - one of my best buddies and roommate in college went to Santa Fe then transfer to UF and he is now a pharmacist. So what are you studying?

I really was able to enjoy my time at Santa Fe. I was pretty active in the school's clubs and activities being the VP of one and holding several positions in their Student Government as well, the latter being where I met my current girlfriend. Compared to a lot of community colleges (even if they're no longer called such) through out Florida, Santa Fe really is top notch. With UF getting harder and harder to get into, especially with CLAS more or less cutting their transfer admissions to nothing, the Santa Fe ---> UF pipeline isn't quite what it used to be. Still, it remains a good school and a very cheap alternative to UF for most of the gen-eds from the first 2 years.

Originally I was attempting to transfer as a Psychology major and was actually accepted as such twice. Unfortunately for me each acceptance was promptly followed by severe budget cuts by UF which would cause them to rescind admissions to their transfer applicants. Being stubborn and wanting to go to UF I switched from CLAS to CALS and applied for the Family, Youth, and Community Sciences major. Its basically a social work degree that offers a lot of classes about how cities and the people within them function. I'm always waiting to have a plan approved to double major in Biology on the Pre-Professional track since I'll already be taking the majority of the classes to qualify for medical school admissions. Fingers crossed on that one because I wouldn't mind walking out of undergrad with an AA and two BAs to hang on my wall.

Welcome to Gator Envy! :gator:

Much appreciated!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema