• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Alabama va. Auburn

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Big SEC game this Friday. No. 2 Alabama goes to Auburn. I think the line favors Alabama by about 10, but I'm reading some people that think Auburn can win outright. Alabama has played some close games this year (South Carolina) and might lose on the load.

I'm not sure if I'd prefer Alabama to be undefeated when we play them. On one hand, it would be a hell of a game. On the other, Alabama might be extremely let down and just give up like the did last year in their Bowl Game.

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
My son ( the football expert in this family :) ) says if Alabama loses to Auburn, they'll come at us with twice the vengeance. I know the Gators can absolutely win, but I don't think I want 'Bama twice as mad when we play them~~~~

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
As far as BCS implications go, I'd love to see Auburn get the upset in the Iron Bowl - for that reason and just to annoy Slimebaum even more.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
We need Alabama to look strong when we beat them. They need to win big against Auburn and lose to us by at least one point in the SEC championship to keep the humans out of the equation in the polls.

BigEgAtOr

Gator Fan
Really? I don't think we have to worry about how we look to the polls. Point is, we beat Bama and we are going to the National Championship!!

ShortBus

VIP Member
Besides the fact that he is not as good as everyone says? Hip pointer is the standard excuse. Let's see if that card gets pulled out.

winner winner chicken dinner

The SEC's leading rusher was held to 30 yards on 16 carries and was on the bench for most of the game-winning drive. Saban said he believed Ingram had a bruised hip.

"Something like that," Ingram said. "I'll be all right."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=293310002

Escambia94

"Something like that," Ingram said. "I'll be all right."

...]

Let's see if he's still alright after playing Florida next week. At least the Gators don't make excuses for anemic play. Let's start pre-planning our excuses now just in case Bama does beat us:

- If Timmy gets sacked three times or more in the SEC CG it is because he got a hip pointer against SOW and could not escape the rush.
- If Riley Cooper does not get a TD in the SEC CG it is because he got turf toe...on a grass field.
- If Brandon Spikes stops playing in the 2nd quarter, he has lost his contact lens. Note: in that one game against UGA it turns out he was helping Washaun Ealey put his contact lens in, not eye gouging. Brandon is such a big helper!
- If Janoris Jenkins blows coverage on those blazing Alabama receivers, it is because Jenkins injured his spleen while laughing at video of Bama vs Auburn.
- If we run the dive 36 times in the game, it is because Steve Addazzio left the playbook at the Swamp after the FSU game. (If you have been following my posts, you knew I had to sneak that one in.)
- Finally, if Timmy throws a couple INTs in the SEC CG, it will be because he got confused after wearing those hideous uniforms the week prior as to which uniforms were his.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Bama exposed themselves in a big way (no double entendre intended); they're not invincible by any means. Still, watch for the chicken-littles amongst our fanbase to go back into panic mode should we be anything but picture-perfect this afternoon against the SOW.

Escambia94

Bama exposed themselves in a big way (no double entendre intended); they're not invincible by any means. Still, watch for the chicken-littles amongst our fanbase to go back into panic mode should we be anything but picture-perfect this afternoon against the SOW.

We can theoretically play our seniors for a quarter then let them sit back and enjoy a 1-point victory. We should shoot for the lowest scoring game in history by tackling the SOW QB in his own endzone and keep the SOW offense out of the endzone for a 2-0 win.

cffanslike

Gator Fan
Auburn should have handled that game. They had it and they let McElroy take it from them. Oh well, the Gators won't be so accommodating!

cffans

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema