• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A Lot Of Buzz About Kirby Smart

The Zooker

VIP Member
Twitter is blowing up about it all over the place. Looks like Smart is coming to UF for a 1.2M salary. I'm seriously impressed with Muschamp's staff he is putting together. Even if this turns out to be false I'm still impressed with the others. But if he landed Smart it will be a serious start to his head coaching career.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Man, I hope this turns out to be true--for all the reasons you give, Zooker, plus one more practical and specific one: as I have stated before, although we all know that CHOMP himself is a superb defensive-mind, an innovator who is on the cutting edge of aggressively defensive GAME-planning, as the Head Coach, ideally he'd be well-served with a separate DC who is "on the same page" with him as far as that philosophy and the places one can go with it, who speaks the same language, someone he can trust to know what needs to be done and gets to work doing it, while CHOMP himself can focus on the bigger-picture issues and problems, the responsibilities of running the program and attending to the needs of his players as well--until it's game-week and hopefully everything is ready for him to "plug back in", get involved once more in the specifics of his "D".
"Head Coach" is a whole different deal from "Coordinator", ESPECIALLY at one of the handful of "Elite Programs"--Charlie Weis would no doubt have a lot to share on this subject, were he so inclined. I'm not saying Coach Muschamp CAN'T do both, just that from everything I understand and have observed in other people and programs, being able to delegate the bulk of the details in your specialty to a close, like-minded friend and colleague really is the ideal situation.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I can't wait for the press conference! Surrounded by Longhorns at work, and the maintenance chief under me is a big Bama fan.

Still not buying the rumors yet...at least not 100%. Maybe 49.9%.

ehh anybody could of started this up again wouldnt buy into being real after last time

the weis thing popped up on espn right away until that happens this is just bs

The Zooker

VIP Member
I'm no longer believing any announcement until it is unofficially announced by UF. Everybody and their mother was reporting Smart last night and some folks were even reporting details of the contract. Wow.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema