• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

70% Tebow or 100% Brantley?

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Who would you feel more comfortable with on Saturday: A 70% Tim Tebow or a 100% John Brantley ?

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
70% Tebow because of gametime experience, but until he reaches 100% I'd like to see a 2-QB rotation with Brantley to be on the safe side - plus, that could throw another wrinkle into our offense.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
70% Tebow if it were any other type of injury. However, I would rather have 100% Brantley for Tebow's own health concerns.

this is a head injury so it doesnt work like that, if he's only 70% back to where he should be another concussion could screw his head up for life or even kill him

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
FWIW here's what ESPN's Chris Low had to say: http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/4171/the-bigger-picture-and-tim-tebow

ncf_a_brantley_200.jpg

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
100% of whichever QB practiced this week. Brantley is that person, and he deserves the chance to prove his worth. In the worst case, we rotate two QBs, but start the one that earned it with a week of practice, Brantley.

castawaygator

VIP Member
i like the 2 qb option but if its not an available Brantley. i would rather risk loosing to LSU than loose Tebow the rest of the season. i would like tebow atleast rady after LSU to win out the rest of the season and get us to the SEC champ game to beat either bama or revenge on LSU (if we loose) then to the NC game.

Tigers1996

Gator Fan
Start Brantley against LSU and see what happens. If LSU shuts him down or he comes unglued then you have Tim Tebow as your replacement. Don't Risk The Season, Don't Play Tebow until you absolutely have to or when he is completely 100% healthy.

Go with a 100% Brantley to start with a 70% Tebow in reserve.:shifty:

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Start Brantley against LSU and see what happens. If LSU shuts him down or he comes unglued then you have Tim Tebow as your replacement. Don't Risk The Season, Don't Play Tebow until you absolutely have to or when he is completely 100% healthy.

Go with a 100% Brantley to start with a 70% Tebow in reserve.:shifty:

Whether you are an LSU fan or a Gators fan, starting Brantley is not a bad idea. Backup QBs succeed in NCAA and NFL football all the time. I agree, do not risk Tebow's long-term health for one game. If he's ready to play, then play him; however, the Tebow injury does illustrate that Brantley needs some meaningful experience at QB. If Brantley does not start, then he should be switched in and out occasionally--I do not see Florida getting a comfortable lead to keep Brantley in for mop-up at LSU.

GatorGal15

VIP Member
100% Brantley.

It sucks he gets his first college start against LSU in Death Valley, but the team and coaches need to rally around him - give him support and go in a beat LSU!

ShortBus

VIP Member
you can't really be at 70% with Tebow's injury... you are either go or no.

you're exactly right. and from what i've read/heard with a concussion it won't matter if he plays this weekend against LSU or next month against FSU he has the same chance of getting another concussion. So if he's mentally prepared to play the game, and physically cleared of any symptoms, let him play.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema