• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

28 Days to Gator Football - #28 Chris Doering '92-'95

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Christopher Paul Doering was born to be a Florida Gator–raised in Gainesville, and a surprisingly good athlete as walk-on wide receiver on Steve Spurrier‘s Florida Gators. As a walk-on, he set several records for walk-on players: 149 receptions (6th best in UF history), 2,107 receiving yards (10th best), 31 touchdown receptions (tops in UF and SEC history). He is well remembered for his game-saving catch against the Kentucky Wildcats in 1993. He was inducted into the University of Florida Athletic Hall of Fame as a Gator Great in 2006.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Aaarrrggghhh!!! Still 4 weeks!
So much time, so little news. Just the opposite of what we're used to now, of how it has been the last few years and how it will be again in the seasons ahead. I know it's in our own best interest this time around, but waiting out a long, hot August not knowing, not hearing anything but guesses from our people and abuse from everyone else is just excruciating. I'm going nuts--and I know I'm not alone.
You've been doing a good thing, E-, going a whole different way with Gator news and notes from our past, jogging memories for the longtime fans and filling in history for the new ones. Everyone's getting a bit crazed, losing patience and focus--you see it in the general lack of response to ANY of the columns OR comment-threads. Lots of "Views", few "Replies".
For me, it's shown in the arbitrary tangents I've headed off on elsewhere here. TALKING about camping trips, it hit me that it's time I actually go on one. Get out of town, clear my head. Just decided and started making the arrangements...I'm psyched. Before I know it, August will be almost over and The Season will be HERE.

Escambia94

I am definitely excited. Everything is new and different. I agree that it has been slow. Other Gator boards just bash Urban Meyer. Silence is better than bashing.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Agreed.
(BTW, the Meyer-bashing has been strange--like after a divorce. And you just know these are the same people who got mad last season when we pointed out how disconnected, even disinterested he seemed on the sidelines, and got angry when we suggested he might "already be gone", or at least heading that way.)

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
yeah E, keep it up, even if we don't throw out a lot of replies.

I feel like there was a lot more action on GE last summer... a lot of optimism. I think a lot of us, like myself, have learned to not get too ahead of ourselves. I just want to wait and see what happens.

Escambia94

Even though it is quieter here, I am happier on this forum compared to the others that I visit. The folks here are a lot more level-headed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema