• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2024 Orange and Blue Game

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The Blue team has most of the first team and second team, who happen to be the highest rated athletes (except for the rookies).
PLAYER
O&B Game
PROJ 24 DEPTH
GRADE
CLASS
Kamryn Waites
BLUE
RT 2
91​
2022​
Damieon George
BLUE
RG 1
90​
2023​
Graham Mertz
BLUE
QB 1
90​
2023​
Montrell Johnson
BLUE
RB 1
90​
2022​
Chimere Dike
BLUE
WR-Y 1
88​
2024​
D’antre Robinson
BLUE
TBD
88​
2024​
Devon Manuel
BLUE
LT 2
88​
2024​
Ja'Keem Jackson
BLUE
RCB 2
86​
2023​
George Gumbs
BLUE
END 1
85​
2024​
Keon Zipperer
BLUE
RTE 2
85​
2019​
Myles Graham
BLUE
LB TBD
85​
2024​
Dijon Johnson
BLUE
LCB 2
84​
2023​
Ethan Pouncey
BLUE
TBD
84​
2020​
Jaquavion Fraziars
BLUE
WR-Y 2
84​
2020​
Eugene Wilson III
BLUE
WR-Z 1
83​
2023​
Aaron Gates
BLUE
FS 2
82​
2023​
Aidan Warner
BLUE
TBD
82​
2024​
Jerrae Hawkins
BLUE
WR TBD
82​
2024​
Knijeah Harris
BLUE
LG 1
82​
2023​
Brandon Crenshaw-Dixon
BLUE
RT 1
81​
2024​
Arlis Boardingham
BLUE
RTE 1
80​
2022​
Desmond Watson
BLUE
NT 3
80​
2021​
Treyaun Webb
BLUE
RB 3
80​
2023​
Michai Boireau
BLUE
END TBD
79​
2024​
Brien Taylor
BLUE
DL TBD
78​
2024​
Gregory Smith
BLUE
WR TBD
78​
2024​
Noel Portnjagin
BLUE
OL TBD
78​
2024​
Jake Slaughter
BLUE
OC 1
77​
2021​
Austin Barber
BLUE
LT 1
76​
2021​
Jeremy Crawshaw
BLUE
PT 1
75​
2020​
Trey Smack
BLUE
PK 1
75​
2022​
Hayden Hansen
BLUE
LTE 1
73​
2022​
Brayden Slade
BLUE
TBD
2023​
Bryce Capers
BLUE
TBD
2022​
Cahron Rackley
BLUE
TBD
2021​
Chase Stevens
BLUE
TBD
2024​
Ja'Kobi Jackson
BLUE
RB TBD
2023​
Ja’Kobi Jackson
BLUE
TBD
2023​
Jackson Wade
BLUE
TBD
2023​
Justin Pelic
BLUE
TBD
2019​
Kahleil Jackson
BLUE
WR-X 1
2019​
Layne Swafford
BLUE
TBD
2023​
Nick Flynn
BLUE
TBD
2022​
Parker Leise
BLUE
TBD
2023​
Quincy Ivory
BLUE
TBD
2023​
Rocco Underwood
BLUE
LS 1
2021​
Sebastian Scott
BLUE
TBD
2023​
Sebastian Vargas
BLUE
TBD
2023​

Escambia94

The Orange team has mostly second team and third team with occasional first team athletes.
PLAYER
O&B Game
PROJ 24 DEPTH
GRADE
CLASS
R.J. Moten
ORANGE
SS 3
92​
2023​
Jameer Grimsley
ORANGE
TBD​
91​
2024​
D.J. Lagway
ORANGE
QB 2
90​
2024​
CamRon Jackson
ORANGE
NT 1
89​
2023​
Trikweze Bridges
ORANGE
STAR 1
89​
2024​
L.J. McCray
ORANGE
DL TBD​
88​
2024​
Cameron Carroll
ORANGE
RB 2
87​
2023​
Jason Marshall
ORANGE
RCB 1
86​
2021​
Aidan Mizell
ORANGE
WR-X 3
84​
2023​
Roderick Kearney
ORANGE
OC 2
84​
2023​
Jordan Castell
ORANGE
FS 1
83​
2023​
Fletcher Westphal
ORANGE
OL TBD​
82​
2024​
Sharif Denson
ORANGE
STAR 2
82​
2023​
T.J. Searcy
ORANGE
JACK 1
82​
2023​
Kahnen Daniels
ORANGE
RB TBD​
81​
2024​
Marcus Burke
ORANGE
WR-X 2
81​
2021​
Tawaski Abrams
ORANGE
WR TBD​
81​
2024​
Jamari Lyons
ORANGE
NT 2
80​
2022​
Andy Jean
ORANGE
WR-Z 2
79​
2023​
Ja'Markis Weston
ORANGE
WR TBD​
79​
2019​
Josiah Davis
ORANGE
S TBD
79​
2024​
Caden Jones
ORANGE
TBD​
78​
2023​
Devin Moore
ORANGE
LCB 1
78​
2022​
Jadan Baugh
ORANGE
RB TBD​
78​
2024​
Riley Simonds
ORANGE
RG 2
78​
2019​
Teddy Foster
ORANGE
CB TBD​
77​
2024​
Bryce Lovett
ORANGE
TBD​
76​
2023​
Mike Williams
ORANGE
OL TBD​
75​
2024​
Christian Williams
ORANGE
LG 2
74​
2022​
Ahman Covington
ORANGE
TBD​
2023​
Alex Gonzalez
ORANGE
TBD​
2022​
Andre Morris
ORANGE
TBD​
2023​
Anthony Rubio
ORANGE
TBD​
2023​
Brian Green Jr
ORANGE
TBD​
2023​
Connor Homa
ORANGE
TBD​
2023​
Ethan Wilson
ORANGE
TBD​
2023​
Gannon Burt
ORANGE
TBD​
2023​
Hunter Smith
ORANGE
PK 2
2024​
Jaden Edgecombe
ORANGE
TBD​
2023​
Jake Xeller
ORANGE
TBD​
2024​
Javion Toombs
ORANGE
TBD​
2022​
Paul Kessler
ORANGE
TBD​
2024​
Scott Isacks
ORANGE
TBD​
2022​
Taylor Spierto
ORANGE
WR-Y 3​
2021​
Zak Sedaros
ORANGE
TBD​
2022​

Escambia94

There will be four athletes playing on both teams, mostly new players and walk-ons.
PLAYER
O&B Game
PROJ 24 DEPTH
GRADE
CLASS
Clay Millen
BOTH – ORANGE & BLUE
QB 3
91​
2024​
Deuce Spurlock
BOTH – ORANGE & BLUE
TBD​
86​
2023​
Hayden Clem
BOTH – ORANGE & BLUE
TBD​
2021​
Mark Pitts
BOTH – ORANGE & BLUE
RT 3
2020​
Tyreik Norwood
BOTH – ORANGE & BLUE
TBD​
2022​

Escambia94

Team Blue team prevailed over the Team Orange 19-17 in front of a crowd of 48,000.

Graham Mertz went 15 for 27 passing for 243 yards with the TD to Wilson and an interception.

DJ Lagway ended the day at 12 for 21 for 173 with those two TDs and an interception.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Good turn out. Lots of "encouraging signs" here and there throughout the day, but above all I guess we have to hope that a "vastly improved defense" is the main "one clear thing" we can take overall from the proceedings.
After that, well, aside from general "further ongoing development", the whole thing was mainly "something for the home town fans".
BEYOND that, I am not gonna get sucked into any discussion of who we are, where we're at, or how far we still have to go just to be able to hold our own against that gnarly 2024 season schedule.
That goes double for the whole "CAN Billy survive?" thing. Of COURSE that's right up there after the Spring Game's overview on Google overnight: Some Vols podcast trumpeting a national media guy's latest inevitable death knell for our Coach after 2024. His main reason for certainty is pinned on "UF's historical lack of patience", and maybe he's right...
If "nothing short of his team impossibly claiming 9 or more wins" is a virtual guarantee that he is gone, well--THAT'S exactly what I mean, why I just won't go down that rabbit hole anymore.
I really hope "we" (as in mainly the current administrators, power brokers and money-people behind-the-scenes) in fact are prepared to show a new level of "patience" this time, try "a different way" where it comes to actually understanding and acting appropropriately when it comes to actually facing and dealing with REALITY, a situation they themselves could and still can see continuing to play out exactly as predicted.
This team is just beginning to truly "come around", the pieces assembling and that "underlying institutional health", what might otherwise be described as "pervasive team unity" just starting to "come to a pre-boil". It seems obvious that another kneejerk reaction to the "tough, uneven road" we all expect to still be immediately ahead would in effect amount to another premature "wholesale change" that has the practical effect of "back to square one".
I'd be against it even if there were already some "maybe right guy" beginning to raise his head above the crowd--but there isn't even THAT. You all know what I mean: No "latter day SS" somehow seemingly destined to ride in and repeat that "wonderful golden Gator Rescue". Nope, this time we are on our own with Hard Reality: Time, patience and hard work.
We as fans need to settle down, give this guy, his program and his TEAM (and it is only really NOW truly coming together as "his TEAM") this season and at least the better part of the one AFTER--if things are sinking again by then, well, this IS the UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA AT GAINESVILLE, and the cries from the unfaithful will have risen to a senseless din by that point regardless. Something will HAVE to happen, one way or another, by then.
But for now, how bout we just wait and SEE?
That's what I'M gonna TRY to do. Give credit where it's due, try to be positive as long as we see fewer f-ups and significant improvement overall.
Does that sound fair?

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(Made several "subtle but crucial changes" above: I would now submit it as much a "State of the Program, Spring 2024" as simply a "comment on the Spring Game".)

Escambia94

Tre Wilson was Florida’s biggest wide receiver threat finished with eight catches for 128 yards and a touchdown to lead the Blue team’s offense.

Although he suffered from a slow start, Florida’s five-star freshman phenom DJ Lagway played well in his first-collegiate spring game. Lagway finished with 173 passing yards and two touchdowns. He briefly flashed his running ability on a few scrambles, but was quickly called down by officials due to being non-contact for quarterbacks during the contest.

RB Jadan Baugh led all rushers with 77 yards on 12 carries. His 25-yard rush in the first quarter set up Lagway’s first touchdown, and he added a 14-yard run later in the game. His 6.4 yards per carry were second-most on Saturday behind only Jakobi Jackson, who averaged 12 yards on five-total carries.

The offense had the following explosive plays:
- Graham Mertz’s 60-yard touchdown to Wilson III
- Graham Mertz’s 50-yard pass to Kahleil Jackson.
- DJ Lagway’s 37-yard pass to Marcus Burke.
- DJ Lagway’s 22-yards pass to Aiden Mizell.
- Jakobi Jackson’s 32-yard run.
- Jadan Baugh’s 25-yard run.
- Jadan Baugh’s 14-yard run.

On defense, South Carolina transfer LB Pup Howard made some great tackles and tied with Edge Quincy Ivory and LB R.J. Moten for the lead with six total.

K Trey Smack was 3/3 on field goals for the Blue Team.

FAU transfer K Hunter Smith was 0/3 on field goals and he shanked a punt for Team Orange.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Tre was great at WR--but we clearly must establish another WR (and hopefully a TE as well) if we hope to prevent defenses from simply keying on Wilson to shut down our deep threat. Baugh perhaps? Who else?
Our #1 kicker (Smack) seems set, but ya gotta feel for the young FAU transfer (Smith)...He CAN'T be as bad as he looked out there on Saturday! Couldn't make a THING. So "off" that I figure they gotta give him the rest of the summer to straighten himself out--I mean, both the Coaches and Smith himself saw SOMETHING that said "KICKER" at some point back there. So here's hoping: as in, "another case of pending depth"?
It is interesting, not just how we HAVE begun to accumulate some in important areas, but indications are that this Coach and staff are on the "right track" right actors the board:
Given the opportunity, they might well have a strong and balanced TEAM in a relatively reasonable amount of time.
The OTHER interesting devopment involves observations in tracking "the ones we've LOST"...
Have you noticed how one after another they have somehow "eliminated THEMSELVES from relevancy"? Either by ending up at essentially "irrelevant programs", OR getting almost immediately themselves into serious trouble at the programs that they deserted their former commitments and teammates for, possibly eliminating at least a portion of their pending seasons at (and resulting value WITH) the team, school and programs they jumped ship for.
It has turned out to generally make "turning our backs" on them that much easier and more deserving.
I am ready, willing and able to wait, forgo another season or two outside the "Championship" discussion as long as I see and FEEL solid progress in that direction.
But we must see the clear START of The Turn-Around against a nasty schedule THIS year, and double digit, start-of-contention results in 2025, so that we are ALL in a different head space, singing a different tune come late-spring 2026!
Sound fair?

Escambia94

I have scoured all the social media sites and compared to reports from friends and verified that the Swamp and the entire campus was electric. The Swamp truly had 48,000 fans treating the Orange and Blue Game like a home game. The campus was about as crowded as a regular home game as well.

The takeaway here is that the fans willing to travel to games are not listening to all the negativity. All the legacy players interviewed were rather positive. The most “negative” interview came from Spurrier, who still predicted an 8-4 season.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have scoured all the social media sites and compared to reports from friends and verified that the Swamp and the entire campus was electric. The Swamp truly had 48,000 fans treating the Orange and Blue Game like a home game. The campus was about as crowded as a regular home game as well.

The takeaway here is that the fans willing to travel to games are not listening to all the negativity. All the legacy players interviewed were rather positive. The most “negative” interview came from Spurrier, who still predicted an 8-4 season.
...AND, I might add, that "8-4" prediction from SS I personally would find, under the circumstances (ie. against this schedule), quite acceptable, even encouraging--as I think would most fans at this point.
However, this also speaks to the "danger", that of "fan impatience" and "expectations"...I just don't have much of a real grasp of WHAT to expect as far as "onfield outcomes". The main thing is for this team, as a WHOLE, to come out looking sharp, tight and competitive , and carry that off throughout the season, no matter what.
Game One against Miami will be a pivotal "stage setter" and barometer of how far we've come--even what we are going to BE. A strong start in "Week 0" and a winning record by the end will calm a lot of "Gator Angst"; followed by another strong recruiting/etc. cycle and the real start of the "DJ Lagway Era" in 2025 may well have everyone well past the "Billy on a hot seat" talk and have more of us rubbing our hands together again.
I can hardly remember what that's like--but I'm sure it'll come back to me!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema