• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2011 BCS National Championship: Oregon Ducks vs Auburn Tigers

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
What do you guys think out there in the Gator Nation? Root for the SEC or root against the guys that seem to always kick our teeth in? Root for a former Gator to win, or root against a current War Eagle Tiger?

Oregon:
#1 offense in the nation with 49.3 points per game
#49 passing with 233.7 yards/game
#3 rushing with 303.8 yards/game
ORE runs over 79 plays per game in its no-huddle
#12 defense with 18.4 points per game
RB LaMichael James is the player to watch

Auburn:
#4 offense in the nation with 42.7 PPG
#67 passing with 210.5 YPG
#5 rushing with 287.2 YPG
AUB runs over 66 plays per game in its no-huddle
#54 defense with 24.5 PPG
Cam Newton is the highest paid player in college football
QB Cameron Newton is the player to watch

Auburn is favored by 2.5 points, and the over-under is 74. I think that Auburn is the least-SEC like of the SEC teams due to its lack of defense. Auburn will need to win in a shoot-out, which it has done this year against Alabama, Kentucky and in a close one with Clemson, but can they carry the SEC banner to a win against the Might Ducks? I am rooting for the SEC and the former Gator QB, Camburglar Newton, but I think Oregon pulls the upset. I like defense, and the Auburn War Eagle Tigers lack a top-ten defense. I hate to say it, but money does not buy championships. E94 calls it Oregon 42, Auburn 36 in a shoot-out.

SEC_Supreme

Gator Fan
Definitely got to pull for Auburn. We'll never hear the end of how over rated the SEC is if Oregon wins. I do feel like Oregon will take this one though.

I like E94's score prediction. Just so I'm not "stealing" it from you I'll say 41-35.

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
I have to go with a SEC win but I hate to do it due to the ex-gator, cheater, liar, thief, I don't know what my daddy does quarterback!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have to go with a SEC win but I hate to do it due to the ex-gator, cheater, liar, thief, I don't know what my daddy does quarterback!

Yup, there it is.
All three above covered the necessary points, what's-in-the-line overview from E-, the consequences of an SEC-loss from SEC_Supreme, but you hit my SERIOUSLY mixed feelings bang on the nose, Jack&Dew!

It's like I'll root for the Tigers in luke warm fashion--then the moment they win (if they do--and that's far from a certainty: Auburn is basically an upper-middle-of-the-pack SEC team with a great QB on a hot streak at exactly the right time) I'll turn off the TV, not wanting to watch them celebrate.

Escambia94

I feel dirty either way--rooting for the burglar/cheater or rooting for the Pac-n.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I really need Auburn to win. I gotta have that SEC dominance, too many Oregon fans here in Northern CA, and too many Pac-10 fans I know from UofA.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
End of 1st qtr.: Both teams have "Big Game Jitters", apparently--after trading interceptions repeatedly, Ducks finally inside the five--but have to settle for the FG. Either of the LAST two SEC Champs (us or the 'Tide) would have blown this Oregon squad off the field. As it is, either Cam gets hot or the Ducks will wear the Tigers down, IMO.
(Still hard to care very deeply...go SEC, rah rah rah, I suppose...)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yawn...fairly forgettable game, even with the neck-and-neck scoring at the end--still a matter of out-mistaking each other. Now we all move on--then get to revisit the whole mess as a legal- and NCAA-ruling-based fiasco sometime months ahead. As promised, I switched away shortly after the final gun; couldn't stomach the inevitable post-game on-field interview with Cam, citing "God's will and glory guiding me and my team, watching over us and seeing to it blah blah blah..."
Such hypocritical garbage, all the more so this time.
The only satisfaction: we can point to the fact that with another SEC Nat'l Champ, THIS one shows that even with one of our relatively middle-of-the pack teams and programs, even if their "great QB having a dream season" has an off night, as long as they play SEC "D" they'll beat the best the Pac 10 or anyone ELSE has to offer. "Next!"

Escambia94

Some kid in a third world country gets to replace his Ohio State national championship tee shirt with an Oregon one! I'd be excited if I lived in a third world nation--Oregon is the most fashionable of all the teams in America.

Oh. Rah rah SEC and all that jazz. Congratulations to the highest paid amateur football player in America. Remember kids, it's okay to cheat by letting dad pimp you out. Just play ignorant when the authorities ask if you know anything.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The good news? Not our problem.
STILL Great to be a Florida Gator!

(PS I forget the form, but I'm pretty sure this can easily be expressed in Haiku...)

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
Yawn...fairly forgettable game, even with the neck-and-neck scoring at the end--still a matter of out-mistaking each other. Now we all move on--then get to revisit the whole mess as a legal- and NCAA-ruling-based fiasco sometime months ahead. As promised, I switched away shortly after the final gun; couldn't stomach the inevitable post-game on-field interview with Cam, citing "God's will and glory guiding me and my team, watching over us and seeing to it blah blah blah..."
Such hypocritical garbage, all the more so this time.
The only satisfaction: we can point to the fact that with another SEC Nat'l Champ, THIS one shows that even with one of our relatively middle-of-the pack teams and programs, even if their "great QB having a dream season" has an off night, as long as they play SEC "D" they'll beat the best the Pac 10 or anyone ELSE has to offer. "Next!"

agreed about the game. so many mistakes by both teams, it was ugly.

The Zooker

VIP Member
Makes the SEC look good. On paper (stats E posted in OP) Oregon looks better. But when you put them in context of which conference each team plays in, Auburn comes out on top.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema