• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Your opinion on Urban

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
What is your opinion on Urban... now that the Gators have lost 3 of their last 4 games. Is he really a genius? Is he getting out-coached every single game? Did he simply win a NC with Zook's players?

Can Urban rebound?

Do you know how "young" florida is? It's not the coaching at all, our secondary is just getting expeirence as well. If you want, go count hoq many freshman and sophmores we have, then come back and post it. Nothing is wrong with the coaching staff at all, urban should be at uf for a good while. All I can say is that- " I WILL GUARENTEE A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE TEBOW LEAVES ". And we can't win every year. Those other teams like lsu are a weapon to.

djg8tr22

VIP Member
It isnt Urban its his Coordinators.. Mullen is being out schemed every game. Strong isnt utilizing our LB's enough to get pressure on the QB and make our young DB;s cover for less time.

greggcowan

VIP Member
Urban Myer along with Rich Rodreguez and a few others are the hands down premire coaches of modern football.

I agree with the earlier post about the youth on the Gators team. The one strategy oriented problem I think might be in play is the use of Tebow.

Tim Tebow is a freak of nature, no doubt about it. But I am begining to wonder if the Florida staff is simply game planning too much on Tebow. We are LAODED with skill players on offense yet it seems like a majority of the play calling is based around that "duck in....option" set. Teams are just going to keep shadowing tebow.

Just a thought.

zyonuf79

Gator Fan
Urban is a great coach. You need to have a running game in order to open up the pass. Perhaps our running backs are either too you or the coaches relied on Tim so much that they were not able to developp quick enough. Also, being in the SEC East is not as easy as it used to be, just ask Steve Spurrier. ;-)

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Urban is one of the premier coaches in college football. No doubt about it. But I hope I don't get blasted for saying this: Spurrier is and has been the best college coach for a long time. Meyer is great but Spurrier is fantastic, one of the best ever. Of course he is an offensive mind but his defense on the team they have now is great, too. Sorry to get off topic.

Back on topic: It is MEYERS offense, not Mullens. Now Mullen has not done a good job. We are young but we have plenty of weapons we should be using each and every game. But game in and game out it's the Tebow/Harvin show. And Harvin should be getting MORE TOUCHES. Our defense is young but damn, take out McMillian, Joiner, Jackson and anyone else who is Effing up all the time and put in a Torrey Davis at tackle or a John Brown or a Jamar Hornsby and Bryan Thomas. They are more athletic and there is NO WAY they can play any worse than those seniors. Sorry to say but Joiner is WAY overrated. He is average at best without Reggie Nelson. We would be undefeated with Nelson right now. That is how special he is.

Some of it is youth, of course. But a lot of it is coaching.

P.S. Meyer is a terrible time manager. It pissed me off. I love Meyer as a coach and we are lucky to have him but at the same time there is a lot of room for improvement. Part of being a head coach is making adjustments. I don't see many during the game. Don't go 5 wide when every time you do that they get a sack it seems. Seriously, use common sense. Sorry for venting.:eek:

GatorVirgin

VIP Member
He's a great coach and his record with the Gators proves that, but he does need to learn to manage the clock a little better. I have noticed he doesn't work the clock enough at the end of the quarters and those plays where he calls Tebow over to give him a play and then rushes the other players isn't working out so well. Take the time out and get the play right or something.

I admire the guy. Just seems like something is a little of the last few weeks.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
he is a young coach with a young team... this season is just like the pre-season conditioning/learning experience for next years Nat'l Championship team

awebbf5

VIP Member
Urban is a good coach. hindsight is 20/20 so we really can judge him for some of the calls he makes.the lsu call where he waited to take the timeout i thought when i was watching it to not take one,because i thought our d would stop them and then we would have less time to run out.I think were better off with urban than we would have with spurrier coming back.Dont get me wrong id loved to see the ol ball coach back but they way he left us I think was shitty as hell.But like everyone saying look how young our d is, and plus moody will be playing next year so we will have a good run game.The only thing i would like to see myer and the coaches do is take the offensive gameplan off tebow,hes having way to much right now and bring in newton to do a duel threat qb like last year.let newton take some of the pounding and occasionally let him air one out.

sbq80

VIP Member
I just don't like the offense.
I didn't like it @ Utah & I still don't like it. Nothing to do with Meyer, just don't like the style of O.

GG8, Yes, Spurrier is one of the greatest offensive minds in the history of college football. Is a QB & few OL short of USC becoming a top shelf team in the SEC.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema