• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Year of the QB

Harsh

Gator Fan
I thought it was great, shows the dedication and drive that Tebow operates with. He is truly a beast and a great role model. I would have liked to seen the moments right after he got drafted.

The Zooker

VIP Member
Anyone see his new commercial? Its really good.

Yeah, loved the commercial. I've been saying the same thing for years now. Every time somebody says he can't do something, he does it. People have been saying it his whole life. Heck, even before his life. The doctors said he couldn't survive the birth. He did. Folks said he couldn't play QB in high school. He set records and won championships. They said he couldn't be a successful D1 QB. He sure as heck did that. Then they said he wouldn't be taken in the first round. He was. Then they said he wouldn't ever start. He did in his first season and even won a game. The kid thrives on people telling him he can't do something. So keep it up.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here's a sign of both how good the program was, AND what WE always knew about TT since he first showed up at UF: one of the local loudmouths who gets on the radio each day with his partner here in Austin and regularly looks for any excuse to slam the Gators in general and Urban Meyer in particular, who led the boo-section regarding Muschamp since he left UT to join the Gators and who until now WAS one of the Tebow nay-sayers, calling McDanials move to draft him a "stupid waste of a draft pick" that he claimed helped get him fired from the Broncos, this guy himself saw the show and today shocked listeners and colleagues by announcing on-air that after watching it, he couldn't help but find himself "liking, respecting and believing in the kid", that "he's the real deal", and that unless and until he is shown proof that Tim Tebow is a complete con man, a phony liar who is really just the opposite of what he makes himself out to be, that he supported him, was ROOTING for him and "believes he WILL eventually make it at this next level--because that's what he DOES, every step of the way: prove people wrong about him...He's a special young man, he affects people in a unique way--I finally get it!"
His partner on the show couldn't believe it--you could tell this came as a surprise (a SHOCK even!) to HIM, stuttering in the background as if his pal had suddenly gone nuts in the middle of a broadcast ("Uh, well, uh, you gotta be...are you being straight with me...? Well, uh, I don't know, uh...", and so on), and able to manage at the end only this feeble comeback: "Well, if Colt McCoy doesn't like him, that's good enough for me...". (BTW, anyone ever hear anything specific along those lines? I mean, you could tell that Colt and TT didn't hit it off the way McCoy and Bradford did, not only in the way the media played it but just by the way they all seemed around each other--but so what? Tim's got a world-perspective to begin with, he'd been treated like a rock star/media-star for years by then and just doesn't share their small-town Texas-sh*t-kicker frame-of-reference--but he's humble and open to anyone and EVERYONE he meets, so if Colt McCoy didn't "like" him it is because he didn't bother to try to get to know him--which is his right and prerogative, but not something TT would or SHOULD bother worrying about, if there IS any truth to it).
Anyway, this was an interesting and entertainingly unexpected interlude that ALSO demonstrates how well the show communicated #15's true nature.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I am enjoying the additional coverage of Little Timmy Tebow, just annoy the piss out of all the Gator Haters and Tebow Haters. More importantly, this is a good way for Tebow to gain fans who previously thought that only Gator nuts and religious freaks should like the guy. Even someone who knows little of Tebow can watch this documentary and gain some insight into why people root for the quarterback with the crazy fans and strange throwing mechanics.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
It was a pretty cool program. I hope it helps people see that he is a very determined player and is taking his chance at an NFL career very seriously.

Also, you notice how nobody is really talking about his throwing motion anymore?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
It was a pretty cool program. I hope it helps people see that he is a very determined player and is taking his chance at an NFL career very seriously.

Also, you notice how nobody is really talking about his throwing motion anymore?

The talk about his throwing motion is not over. Besides, some have moved on to picking apart his defensive reads.

austingator

Gator Fan
I loved the program. Those kind of inside looks into players are always cool but for TT to be the focus made it that much more interesting.

KYGATOR

Gator Fan
I recorded it on DVR so I could watch the crosstown shootout (Cincinnati vs Xavier in Basketball. I live in Northern KY 5 minutes from downtown cincinnati, it's a big deal around here) during the game I was getting text from several people who by no means are Gator fans asking if I watched it because they thought it was amazing. Sure enough the wife and I watched it after the basketball game. She cried at the end lol. "im's just so happy for him" I was laughing at her. It was a great show!! I would love the chance to just shake tims hand and talk to him for a few minutes.

mjfan23

VIP Member
I recorded it on DVR so I could watch the crosstown shootout (Cincinnati vs Xavier in Basketball. I live in Northern KY 5 minutes from downtown cincinnati, it's a big deal around here)

Good call. Season ticket holder to UC bball. Was a fun time down at the shootout. But now im wanting to watch this special ha.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You MUST be able to get it online: I watched it on my new (albeit super-fast 4G) EVO phone, from one of SPRINT's "streaming-live" sports-channel selections.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
You MUST be able to get it online: I watched it on my new (albeit super-fast 4G) EVO phone, from one of SPRINT's "streaming-live" sports-channel selections.

alright, how much is Sprint paying you everytime you drop one of their products on these boards? lol.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Shoot, you're right! Friggin' gave 'em pub for NUTHIN'!
Didn't MEAN to--just digging on my new phone and all it can do--big improvement on that piece-of-crap they sold me with my last contract (See? Bit of balance, anyway). My POINT was that the show is available "out there", so they should be able to download it...still, sounds/looks pretty obnoxious, even to me, now that I see it from anyone ELSE'S POV.
Mea culpa. (That means "slap me upside the head". In Latin. Geez, is there no end to my pretentiousness?)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema