• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Yahoo has done it again: USC breaks the rules

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Yahoo is becoming to go to place for recruiting violations and college scandals.

This time with USC again. USC men’s basketball coach Tim Floyd made a direct cash payment to a man who helped deliver O.J. Mayo to the Trojans program, according to Louis Johnson, a former member of Mayo’s inner circle. Johnson also said Mayo received approximately $30,000 in extra benefits from Guillory while playing for the Trojans. He first made those allegations to ESPN’s “Outside The Lines” in May 2008, producing a litany of receipts to back up his claims, including purchases of food, clothing and a 42-inch flat-screen TV for Mayo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ys-floyd051209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Not only is USC's basketball team being investigated, based on what I heard on ESPN News this morning the NCAA has an ongoing probe into their football program as well, especially after all the Reggie Bush allegations.

(Methinks Kiffykins and "The O" had a role in this one while they were still at Troy.)

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Was anyone really surprised that there were recruiting violations involving O.J. Mayo. I mean the kid went across country from West Virginia to play for a program that has no recent basketball history and had no chance of competing for a title. I'm sure Mr. Floyd will be implicated in several other recruiting violations before this one's all over.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
I hope we see serious punishment, but considering how long ago the Reggie Bush situation happened, I think it may have been swept under the rug.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I've also heard about cases of teams hiring players' family members for bogus jobs... I know one USC player's dad was hired as like a 'team manager, (might have been Mayo.. could be DeRozan) a made up and unnecessary job, a loophole to pay the player for commiting to their school

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema