• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Will the Gators retire #15 ?

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Unlike many other collegiate and professional sports teams, the Gators do not currently have any retired jersey numbers from former players. The numbers of Steve Spurrier (11) and Scot Brantley (55) were retired in the past, but their formerly retired jersey numbers were re-issued to current team members during Spurrier's tenure as Florida head coach.

Do you think Meyer should reinstate retired jersey numbers and start with #15 ?

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
No. If his number is retired, then Wuerffel, Spurrier, Smith, Youngblood, etc. all deserve to have their numbers retired as well.

Simply retiring Tebow's number only isn't fair to all the other UF greats, and there have been quite a few besides Tebow.

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
No. If his number is retired, then Wuerffel, Spurrier, Smith, Youngblood, etc. all deserve to have their numbers retired as well.

Simply retiring Tebow's number only isn't fair to all the other UF greats, and there have been quite a few besides Tebow.

I have mixed feelings, but this is a good point!!

JvilleJohnny

My gut tells me that they will retire Tebow's number. but you are right, i think they should retire Wuerffel's, Spurrier's, and Emmitt's at least.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)

Exactly. Where do we stop? If we retire Tebow's number, then why not Wuerffel and Spurrier? If you retire Smith, why not Rhett? If you retire Youngblood's, why not Wilber Marshall's and Scot Brantley's? The criteria for retiring a jersey will probably not be the same as the Gator Ring of Honor, since the jersey is supposed to represent success while in the Gator uniform (which is why I threw in Errict Rhett). The Ring of Honor should suffice to honor our greatest players.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema