• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What is wrong with this?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
That article says that he calls out the defense, because they can take it. If he calls out the ACTUAL problem, there is little he can do about it. What is he going to do? Bench Driskel and replace him with Murphy? Neither Murphy nor Staver appear to be D1 level starters. I do think Trey Burton can do some ball security drills. Clay Burton and others can work on stupid penalties. The big problem is the staff coaching offense. The offense is what the offense is. The coaches needs to stop cramming Driskel into a pro style offense. He will never be an NFL pro style QB, so squeeze some utility out of him in college as a zone read/ read option QB.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
The fumble on Trey Burton you cannot prepare for, Miami defender put his helmet right on the ball, can't knock Trey for that, he is probably our best offensive playmaker.

Other than that, I completely agree with your theory about our Offense, although I wouldn't count anyone out in QB position, Tebow was a back-up before he got his chance. Maybe giving our backup reps will let Jeff know he is replaceable is a sense. I think we should revisit our RB core too, we had fresh legs just sitting on the sideline.

Escambia94

I watched a few years worth of footage on Driskel and created this thread: http://www.gatorenvy.com/threads/load-of-bull-the-evolution-of-jeff-driskel.16873/

Basically, Driskel holds the keys to the success of the Gators in 2013. It is all up to him. There is no Mike Gillislee to turn around the hand the ball off to. Matt Jones is good, but has lost a step, and possibly too much strength to be the workhorse. If I had to change the bare minimum for the game against Tennessee, I would do the following:
  1. Rotate more running backs in (and maybe consider medical redshirt on Matt Jones if he cannot get truly healthy).
  2. Move the pocket from time to time, especially against defenses that are hard to penetrate. Use Gator speed to break through the holes caused by moving the pocket.
  3. Burn those redshirts on young receivers. We need those guys. We can recruit more next year.
  4. Turn the playbook to page 3, please.
  5. Work on discipline, penalties, and ball security!

Escambia94

In the end, it is Muschamp's fault. I am not ready for firemuschamp.com. He will lose the faith of a Gator Nation if we do not look better on offense against the SEC elite, i.e. LSU, USC, and UGA.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hate to say it, but I agree with everything said here...And yes, for the first time, I found myself wondering about our Head Coach...Our D was the reason we were even IN this game 'til late--and the idea that he can't just face the brutally obvious truth and SAY it, that with a lot of mistakes whose roots were/are in coaching, it is the OFFENSE, and this whole stubborn offensive rationale, that is killing this teams balance and any shot at a "future", is in fact at the root of that failure AND any chance at things improving appreciably over the course of the season--we're headed for the low end of the college-offensive-rankings once again. It was/is bad enough I thought to possibly warrant Pease's immediate firing--Yeah, I thought it was that bad, AND our situation so dire as to possibly REQUIRE just such a "shake up"!
At the very least, as I have recommended since directly after Saturday's final gun, I strongly believe it is high time Driskel was demoted, dropped to THIRD string/emergency backup, and the two freshmen, Mornigweg and Greer be brought forward to compete: The more promising then quickly installed as our QB-of-the-future to begin learning-on-the-job, a "trial-by-fire in the SEC" that gets him ready to lead this team to Nat'l Championship contention NEXT season. Look: We aren't gonna be winning any championships THIS year, trust me--and WITHOUT a strong move, without a vision and plan for where we need to be, we'll STILL be floundering, only from even further back than we are now, when 2014 rolls around.

I am not ready for Coach Boom to go; but I need for him to stop the B***Sh*T. Your defense gives up really one big play (the 52 yarder) in the first qtr, and all of sudden after they shut down one of the best RB's in the country they LOST THE GAME FOR YOU.

COME ON SON!!!!

I mean Coach, you got to get some backbone and call things the way they are, as long as he does it privately that is all that matters to me.

But Steve Adazaio, I mean Brent Pease is looking really lame right now. They need to put JD into better situations to win ball games point blank period.

Here are our total offense rankings for the last 9 years (Data Courtesy of Espn):

Bold are the Muschamp Years

2004 - Total Yards - Rank #23
2005 - Total Yards - Rank #54
2006 - Total Yards - Rank #10
2007 - Total Yards - Rank #16
2008 - Total Yards - Rank #9
2009 - Total Yards - Rank #3
2010 - Total Yards - Rank #77
2011 - Total Yards - Rank #98
2012 - Total Yards - Rank #97
2013 - Total Yards - Rank #58

This looks like an Offensive problem to me.

Ga8or22

Eventis sultorum magister.
Oline problem. Champ is a defense minded coach and does not waste time scouting or recruiting exceptional Oline personnel.

miltongator

Gator Fan
Sadly,Muschump is Zook 2.0 IMHO
The one bright spot, the D, after somehow keeping us in the game in spite of the pathetic O, gets called out by Zook 2.0. Unbelievable!!

roblou56

Gator Fan
I think you guys are going a bit overboard with the Muschamp hate right now. We won eleven games last year, we're recruiting really well, we have a top flight defense every year (defense wins championships). Offense is improving. We had five turnovers against a rival school. WE SHOULD LOST BY 50pts and not 5pts. Take a step back, take the emotion out of the equation and really look at the situation in its totality. If we don't turn the ball over we would have 40 something odd points and 500 yards of total offense. Chillax! He'll get it straightened out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema